Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Is my 9.5 month old sleeping too much?

Capitalchick

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 5:07 am
My son sleeps so much. I know people are thinking "why are you complaining?" but I'm worried something isn't right.
He sleeps for 12 hours at night - 6:30 until around 6:30 or 7. Then at 9am he passes out for almost THREE hours! Sometimes it's only 2.5 hours, but often 3. Then he gets up, has lunch, goes on errands with me and plays until about 2 pm (he's been awake now 2 - 2.5 hours) and then falls asleep again for about 1 hour. And then 3 hours later it's back to sleep for the night. He's sleeping about 16 hours a day!

He's a large baby (born at 10 pounds and now off the charts for height and weight), but I'm finding his development slow. He doesn't crawl or do other things I see other babies his age doing.

Should I worry?

solo

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 7:03 am
Dd had almost the same schedule at that age. And I worried too. The dr didn't. She was also very on schedule and if nap or mealtime were delayed shed cry...
Her motor development was slightly delayed. Language more so.
She's 3 now kah. She sleeps 12.5 hrs and likes to relax in bed when she wakes. If we ever take a car ride of more than 30 min she's asleep. Sometimes after only 15 min. Her development is age appropriate.
She was average height weight at birth. 7 lb. and is above average now

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 8:31 am
I wouldn't worry about the sleeping, but am a little concerned about being 9.5 months and not crawling. You said he doesn't do 'other things you see other babies doing' What other things? What did the ped say on his 9 month visit?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics