Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Do I tell someone? Who?
Previous  1  2  3

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 8:07 am
amother wrote:
OP, all credit to you for caring. As other posters have said, you need more information before you take this any further - and, just to amuse you, there was a story in the British news about the police who had to apologise for investigating a family whose young son said he lived in a "terrorist" house - what he actually meant was "terraced"!

Oh my! shock Kids getting words mixed up can definitely take things to another level.

My sister has a child who is on the spectrum. He is obsessed with trucks, and talks about them all day long. He gets very excited and animated about them. It's the only subject that interests him.

The thing is, he has a speech delay, and the "tr" sound comes out as an "f" sound. You can only imagine what his daily conversations are like. Surprised

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 12:01 pm
amother wrote:
I disagree with you
An 8 year old is not that small, and can be left at night when in bed ( should be asleep) for a few if mother has a phone on.

It seems to me that this 8 yo was very proud to tell her teachers that she babysits her siblings.

A phone should never be hired for babysitting purposes. It cannot see or smell, and it might not even be on when you think it is.

And no, an 8 year old is still small and should never be left alone at night.

Shame on parents who make children grow up too fast.

That being said, without speaking to the mother to clarify things, you don't know the real picture of what is or isn't going on with this 8 year old.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 3:39 pm
Geez, yes, they'll be better by a non Jewish foster family or institution! report!
(America...)

(I'd tell the parents the kid said it, and see)
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics