Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Laundry, Laundry & More Laundry.........

Mishie

Post Thu, Apr 20 2006, 8:51 am
OK....
I just folded 3 out of 9 loads of laundry.............
I'm exausted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do y'all stay on-top of your laundry?
Do you have some kind of system?

I usually do one load after the other. Washer, Dryer, then put the dry load into a Large garbage bag, 'cuz I usually don't have the time to fold it right then (there's always something happening) and bring it to one of the bedrooms where we have a big bed which I fold the laundry on.
When I DO get the time to fold, I try to do it all at once, otherwise it will never get done.
When I'm done folding, I put all the piles away in e/o's shelves.

By that time, there's usually another load in the dryer....

How do you do it?

8)

baby's mom

Post Fri, Apr 21 2006, 3:14 am
I try doing two loads a day so that it doesnt pile up as fast and so that I can keep up with it. But I came to the conclusion that laundry takes all week to do. First you wash it....by the time its back in the closet you have a whole new stack waiting to be folded and put away!
Just think what it must have been like to have to wash everything by hand!!

southernbubby

Post Fri, Apr 21 2006, 4:46 am
It reminds me of Har Sinai. I have taken about 100lbs or so of laundry to the laundramat and put it all in machines at the same time. You need several older kids for this because when it all comes out of the dryers you need several hands. When several kids come home from camp at the same time and may have been exposed to lice, everything needs to be done at the same time.

downsyndrome

Post Fri, Apr 21 2006, 9:52 am
The best purchase I have ever made in my life was my second wash machine. I have a small laundry room (some of my neighbors use half their laundry rooms for a Pesach kitchen - I wouldn't - laundry is too important a project ALL year round - can't afford to take away from the space of that room) which has two full-sized wash machines and one full-sized dryer. I have most likely cut my laundry time in half, and yet I'm still dubbed the 'Laundry Maniac' by dh and family!!
I have recommended the purchase of a second wash machine to several people and they have blessed me after they've bought it. If you have the room for it, and if you can afford this one-time expense, go for it!!
What I usually do when I throw in two loads is work it out that one machine gets clothes that will need to go into the dryer and the other machine gets clothing that will need hang drying. This way I don't get stuck too often with too much wet stuff waiting for the dryer.

ektsm

Post Fri, Apr 21 2006, 6:35 pm
Yup my life is non stop laundry. At least three loads a day! I hate it!

shopaholic

Post Sat, Apr 22 2006, 11:47 pm
I do a dark load & a white load every 2-3 days (about 3-4 times a week).

chavamom

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 2:03 am
I took all my laudry to the laundromat motzei yom tov/erev shabbos with a few of my kids and had it all done in 2 hours. If it didn't cost so much, I'd do it every week.

Seriously - I only do laundry once a week. I empty the baskets in the laudry room and sort them into whites/lights/colors/gentle cycle (lights and darks). I then run one load after another. My secret is that everyone has a laundry basket, I fold and sort the stuff into the individual baskets as it comes out of the dryer and when I'm finished, the children are summons to put away their clothing. In addition, I make the older 2 do their own laundry!

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 3:37 am
chavamom, that's my sister's method...kah she has a big family, and every child above 9 does their own laundry... But I think the machines still operate from morning till midnight daily. LOL

And I'm not sure all the clothes survive .... Confused

curlyhead

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 3:44 am
Be grateful for having a washing machine in your house. I live in a apartment that has no room or tap for a washing machine. There are 2 communal washers and dryers in different locations in my building. I do on average 4-5 loads a week -normally in 2-3 days. And the machines are only operated between 7:30 and 8:30pm so I could only do laundry when my kids are up and if my husband is not home then I have to shlep my little kids with me. So I try to start the process while the baby is napping. And I have to make sure I have the right coins to do it. Can't wait to move and get a wahing machine and dryer.
The one advantage is that I could do 2 loads at a time because there are 2 machines

Tefila

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 12:29 pm
Quote:
chavamom, that's my sister's method...kah she has a big family, and every child above 9 does their own laundry... But I think the machines still operate from morning till midnight daily.

Yup I too have just resorted to that method too Confused
Quote:
And I'm not sure all the clothes survive ....

They'd better Exclamation I just bought them a bunch before Yom -Tov

creditcards

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 1:09 am
downsyndrome wrote:
The best purchase I have ever made in my life was my second wash machine. I have a small laundry room (some of my neighbors use half their laundry rooms for a Pesach kitchen - I wouldn't - laundry is too important a project ALL year round - can't afford to take away from the space of that room) which has two full-sized wash machines and one full-sized dryer. I have most likely cut my laundry time in half, and yet I'm still dubbed the 'Laundry Maniac' by dh and family!!
I have recommended the purchase of a second wash machine to several people and they have blessed me after they've bought it. If you have the room for it, and if you can afford this one-time expense, go for it!!
What I usually do when I throw in two loads is work it out that one machine gets clothes that will need to go into the dryer and the other machine gets clothing that will need hang drying. This way I don't get stuck too often with too much wet stuff waiting for the dryer.
e

How does 2 machines help? Doesn't help the laundry to get folded faster. They can still pile up. I never stand by the wash machine waiting to put in the next load. So what difference does it make to me?

rachelle613

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 3:18 am
Not sure you'll be getting a response from OP considering this thread is almost 10 (!) years old...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry