Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toys for 1.5 YO girl. ISO Ideas.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 12:49 pm
I'm looking to buy my DD a few more age appropriate toys. What do/did your toddlers like to play with?

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 12:58 pm
favorites here are kitchen-related items like the play kitchen, pots and pans - especially with the lids, fake food, etc.

also, balls any and all. especially the toy that holds a few balls and then needs to be banged with a little hammer and they roll through the inner chutes and then pop out.

a great toy that can still be played with as they age is wedgits. And you can add to your set as they get older and can do more sophisticated builds.

also, what about a little riding toy?

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 1:12 pm
amother wrote:
favorites here are kitchen-related items like the play kitchen, pots and pans - especially with the lids, fake food, etc.

also, balls any and all. especially the toy that holds a few balls and then needs to be banged with a little hammer and they roll through the inner chutes and then pop out.

a great toy that can still be played with as they age is wedgits. And you can add to your set as they get older and can do more sophisticated builds.

also, what about a little riding toy?

Kitchen toys are definitely an idea!

She loves balls! We have one, but could use more. We have had the banging toy w/ balls for awhile, but I recently pulled it out and hunted down most of the balls.

What are webgits? (Guess I could google it or look on amazon.) I like toys that last awhile, although do have to hide them and take them out again to make them exciting.

She has a riding toy that she enjoys.

She also has a doll stroller, but it's a cheap one and keeps folding on her! She doesn't have any babies just stuffed animal style dolls (ones a dog and ones Snow White, both presents).

musicmom

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 1:17 pm
Corolle Doll

DrMom

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 3:17 pm
Balls, megablocks, shape-sorters.

Even more fun for kids: pots and pans, cellphones, anything breakable.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 3:21 pm
My son around that age loves his mega blocks (any blocks, really).

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 3:27 pm
DrMom wrote:
Balls, megablocks, shape-sorters.

Even more fun for kids: pots and pans, cellphones, anything breakable.

The second line. Don't worry. She does plenty of that Smile She likes things that we consider important, like cell phones and cameras and garbage cans (obviously important b/c we don't let her play w/ it) but she also likes toys.

She has been very into blocks lately. We just have a few that came in a toy. Megablocks would probably be fun for her.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 3:30 pm
musicmom wrote:
Corolle Doll

She would probably love a baby. She talks about babies all day long. Points them out everywhere in pictures. She sometimes thinks animals are babies too. Although, she doesn't have much exposure to real ones. I've never seen her interact w/ a doll that looked like a real baby. I wonder what she would do.

queenert

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 3:34 pm
This isn't a toy but gave dd hours of entertainment and is good for motor skills/concentration too.
Give her your strainer/collander and a pack of pipe cleaners and have her poke them through the holes.

gold21

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 8:29 pm
Puzzles
Dolls
Train set
Mentchies
Dollhouse

gande

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 9:07 pm
A nice 12 inch doll without hair (if I can afford the bitty baby it's the best) with a doll stroller. I was most happy with the graco stroller from toys r us ( abt $15). Cause it's sturdy small lightweight and abaya can't fall out. Pegs and pegboard is a keeper toy for me. Also Melissa and Doug puzzle chunky pieces. My first doll house (if they still sell it was very good for that age. One of my girls was obsessed with animal figures at that age so it's each to their own. I have three little girls and tried so many toys....

belovedaz

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 9:37 pm
Many good ideas already posted but I'll add some
Fisher price pocket book that sings and comes with accessories like a phone-18 months and walks around with it all day
BOOKS my daughter loves naming all the pics in the "my first 100 words" and other books like the menucha fuchs books. I read them all often she already finishes off the lines for me!
Also loves the Fisher price barn with animals

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 1:20 am
queenert wrote:
This isn't a toy but gave dd hours of entertainment and is good for motor skills/concentration too.
Give her your strainer/collander and a pack of pipe cleaners and have her poke them through the holes.

That sounds dangerous she could poke her eyes.

queenert

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 8:43 am
amother wrote:
That sounds dangerous she could poke her eyes.

Know your kid. Most 18 month olds I know wouldn't.

lfab

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 11:51 am
Definitely a doll and doll stroller.
Toy food, pots, and a kitchen set.
Building toys like mega bloks or magnatiles- now she'll just stack these but they will last and as she gets older she can make more advanced structures.
Books, books, and more books. My kids always loved looking at the pictures and being read to.
Toys that she can roll along-the fisher price pull along phone, toy cars, etc.

ETA: Just saw this on Amazon. Looks really cute, especially if you don't have room for a full size kitchen set. http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ.....F63L5
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics