Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
At what age can I put the baby out of room

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 10:28 am
At how old did you put your baby out of your master bedroom and into another own room with nobody there?

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 10:45 am
On the 4th night of her life. The first two nights were in the hospital...the 3rd night we had her in a little bassinet in our room, and every time she so much as sighed or let out a quick breath, DH and I were both up and at her side....and the 4th night, we put her in the crib in our 2nd bedroom, and there she stayed for all her babyhood. Otherwise we never would've slept.

I remember how she'd wake up in the night and let out a whimper...I'd hear her and call "coming sweetheart" and she'd stop crying and wait for me to come feed her. She learned to communicate with me at quite a young age Smile. DH would sleep right thru it.

pesek zman

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 10:48 am
1st night she was home from the hospital she was in her own room!

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 10:49 am
at 4 months. but I didn't nurse.

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 10:53 am
6 weeks. We waited until we got the baby furniture

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 11:02 am
I nurse on demand, so I keep my babies in my room until they sleep through the night, or for a long enough stretch that I won't mind getting up and going out.

lfab

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 11:17 am
My first was in our room until 6 months when we started sleep training her. With my others it varied. We kept them in our room longer (until about 8 or 9 months) because I didn't want their crying in the middle of the night to wake up the others.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 11:19 am
My first 14 months
My second 19 months
My third 15 months

I put them out when I stop nursing clean or become pregnant, whichever happens first.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 11:22 am
Youngest to go was 8 months and others over the age of 2.

Optione

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 11:30 am
4 months for both. I used a baby monitor until I knew that I'd hear them without it. (Usually a week or two)

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 11:53 am
First we moved at 4 months, when he was sleeping a 5-6 hour stretch. The second we would have liked to do the same, but there was nowhere to go. We moved when he was 9 months, and that very night it was into his own room. Now those 2 share a room, so the new baby has his own room ready and I assume sometime around 4 or 5 months we'll move him in there.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 12:07 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Youngest to go was 8 months and others over the age of 2.

Out of curiosity, why such a huge disparity?

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 12:13 pm
Almost immediately. I nursed too. We just left the doors open slightly so we could hear any cries. But pregnant now with #2 and planning on keeping him/her in our room until he/she sleeps through the night mostly so doesn't wake up our eldest.

mha3484

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 12:42 pm
My older child we moved out at the age of one when we moved to a 2 br apt. The younger child was around 8 months. He started sleeping much much better when he was in a real crib. He went from 8-10-12 stretches in a span of 4 months.

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 4:50 pm
My first at 2 months, my second at 10 months.

My pediatrician recommended that we move the baby out from day 1 Smile

rachel6543

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 7:04 pm
16 months. But I would have moved my son out of my bedroom a few months earlier if I could. It's just before that my son wasn't on a good bedtime schedule because we were house hunting after work and then in the process of moving. It was a very hectic time & I didn't want to make any changes for my baby until we moved into our house. Once we moved into our house, my son was moved to his own room and weaned from night time nursing. Within two weeks he sleeping through the night! What helped with the transition to his own room was one of those musical light fishy toys that hang from the crib. My son would turn it on by himself if he woke in the middle of the night and listen to the music and watch the lights and fish move.

bigblueyes

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 2:40 pm
At 4 months. Baby is over a year and still nursing about 3 xs a night but this way its just me waking and not dh...
Those first 4 months I literally didn't sleep whenever baby breathed loudly I was all alert!

luppamom

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 2:53 pm
8 mos. I didn't have heat in her room so didn't want to move her out until the weather warmed up. It was the best move. I was able to hear her in the middle of the night, but felt like I had my life back! I was able to make as much noise as I wanted in my bedroom.

If I had heat, I really think I should have done it at 6 mos. I EBFed, but found it just as easy to go into a different room b/c I don't co-sleep.

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Sat, Jan 23 2016, 3:54 pm
Around 7 months
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics