Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Help Wanted
Multiple sclerosis

CEF

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 2:52 pm
A friend's daughter, early 20s, was in the middle of shidduchim when she found out that she has multiple sclerosis. She is on medication for it.
This post is not to discuss how to deal with MS in general etc (I have it too so I know the deal) but a direct request on her behalf : she doesn't have any young women in the same situation to speak to. She feels 'alone' with it. She has a very supportive family and Rav but would like to exchange with other frum women who are in the shidduch parsha and are dealing with this diagnosis. She is following Daas Torah to 'socially' keep quiet about her diagnosis but she wonders whether there are other like-minded girls out there who are affected by MS and the repercussions, and would be happy to exchange with her. She is a very sweet, intelligent, tzniusdik girl.

happyhub

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 4:06 pm
It was just in the news recently that they may have found a cure for it. Google it

CEF

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 12:56 am
OP here, yeah I know and so does she. Cure is a big word. Anyway, that wasn't the point of my post!

CEF

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 7:51 am
BUMP?

gold21

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 8:07 am
I hope she finds the right people to talk to.

emotional support is a huge part of coping with challenges, and can make the difference between sinking into depression and moving forward in a positive way.

so, I applaud you, I think youre on the right track here.

good luck!

MrsDuby

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 8:47 am
I hope she finds some good support. I know this wasnt really what you were looking for, but there are facebook groups for EVERYTHING. If she cant find a frum support group, she can definitely find general support groups on FB .... (if that helps)

Would you mind explaining what you mean about "daas torah" to keep the diagnosis quiet? is that in order not to turn away potential shidduchim? or did that mean something else?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics