Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
24 Hours of No Kidding

Yael

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 2:00 pm

This year Israel has suffered a brutal year and it’s showing on Tov V’chesed’s waiting list that has reached a record-breaking length of over 1,000 children!

Tov V’chesed has launched a 24-hour Charidy campaign to raise a $750,000. Every donation will be matched by 3 generous donors! Yet if they don’t reach their goal within 24 hours they will lose everything!

No Kidding!

Tov V’chesed, founded by Rabbi Yaakov Eliezer Shisha whose family was impoverished when he was a child, has one mission only: to end the suffering of Israel’s children. Since inception Tov V’chesed has serviced over 100,000 children!

How Does Tov V’chesed help?

With a powerhouse of services such as weekly, monthly and seasonal food distributions, Boneinu orphan center and simcha funds, Tov V’chesed fights for the basic needs of these orphaned and poor children.

But in the last few months the panic has escalated. Mothers begging for food for their children, children awaiting mentorship; their cries can no longer be ignored!

Please go to Charidy.com/TV to donate now!
There’s no time for kidding.

Sponsored Post

agreer

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 2:02 pm
I don't get it.
What happens to all the donations that are pledged if they don't make their goal?

sky

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 2:24 pm
It doesn't go through, all the donations are returned.

but somehow they claim 100% success rate.

The AMI had an article about this organization this week, it was amazing - and I found the story of the childhood of the founder - his poverty and then ability to rise above and help others (poor, orphans, widows) - so inspiring.

I really liked the fact that he setup apartments for orphans to hang out with mentors after school and championed for the boys in school.
And how he hired people who otherwise could not work to help in some capacity in his own business.
and how he started a successful business knowing nothing even after being told it would never work.

ez-pass

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 7:44 pm
I read the article in the am as well and was really inspired. He seems like an amazing person and started a great organization. I hope he meets his goal.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics