Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Am I the only one who is disappointed with Bugaboo?
Previous  1  2

fmt4

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 10:53 am
I have a uppababy that is three and a half years old and I treat it like garbage lol. But it still works and looks like new. And it's cheaper than bugaboo. I would complain to the company.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 10:57 am
Honestly, when I was pg with my DD (she's almost 8) I felt like spoiling myself after a long wait and SIF, so I tried out my neighbor's bugaboo, but it fell short of my expectations. I wheeled her baby down a path near our house, and it was heavy and cumbersome and veered to one side.

I just saved the extra $$ for other things and bought a new Maclaren for $180 - my previous one, having been used for 3 children (my 2 DD's and my foster son) had been stolen from his daycare parking lot. My sister is now using and enjoying my new Maclaren - when I was done with it it still looked brand new.

I agree bugaboos are overrated. For $1000, they ought to take a bit more abuse. If they can't, then they are not worth the extra $$$.

wantavaca

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 11:02 am
Bought two bugaboos in my career as mother and they were both beyond disappointing!!
Totally impractical and got very dirty!
The city mini is the best!!!!

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 11:17 am
I'm wondering if there's anyonw to complain to ... So disappointing.
At this point I can't easily afford a new stroller so I'll manage and be happy with my old bugaboo but it's quite upsetting.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 11:42 am
Bugaboo makes carriages and strollers meant for city streets. I'm sorry you weren't aware of that. Must be so disappointing to have someone spend so much money on a carriage like that only to need to replace it later.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 11:49 am
I bought the original Bugaboo Bee 7 years ago. It was $525. I'm still planning on using it now with my 4th iyh due soon. It's not perfect, but still very usable. I really abused it taking it in and out of cars, on the subway, busses, in snow, through unpaved shortcuts...

When I bought it, it was the only one that conformed to all my needs: baby facing mother, lying completely flat, pushes easily with one hand, folds compactly, and doesn't weigh a lot (I was gonna be traveling by bus with it). Nothing else in the store fit my description.

I think for the price I paid, I got a steal!

gande

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 11:54 am
I have the bee for 6 years and 4 kids. It held up extremely well and I abuse it a lot! When something broke (my fault I took out the screw) they sent me a whole new seat for free. My only issue is that the wheels are all rubbed out and I can't get new ones. It is so smooth and lightweight that I nicknamed it my pocketbook and my husband calls it his Cadillac. It has totally been worth the $550 I spent on it! In the city it is important to have a good stroller and don't tell me that the cheap brands last that long- if you look on the street you will see tons of my old model stroller

sweet

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 11:57 am
I can totally relate. I used my bugaboo for close to 4. Years, daily with 2 kids and it looked like trash after. And was so heavy to push..
I sold it to a neighbor with all accessories for 100$. And bought an uppababy vista when I had my third, it's now just over 3 years old and used daily walked everywhere, shlepped bags under and it's still in great condition!
I plan on using it again iyh with my next baby..

bnm

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 4:39 pm
take off the tires and clean them well- use a seam ripper and nail scissors. I used to do that once a year or as needed taking out the hair and yucky stuff that was stuck there. Makes a HUGE difference. I did the same to my citi mini. I used my cam for 2.5 years shlepping it up a flight of stairs each time and I was still able to sell it. Now I have a Bee and Donkey.

Marz613

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 5:38 pm
how can anyone know how long it will last? when I had my first child more than 11 years ago, the bugaboos had very recently come to north america. the company was founded in 99. so it's not so old. it's a very expensive, over rated stroller. I have a true jogging stroller with huge wheels, and I can't say I abuse it (I don't let big kids sit in the front), it has been on dozens of planes, and the luggage handlers are rough with strollers . it's still perfect, and it's 9 years old. it was not a cheap stroller, I think $360, but it wasn't $1000.

cfriedman2

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 11:58 pm
I have an almost 4 year old bugaboo donkey in great shape and while I have a car so I dont use it daily I def use it weekly for a 2.5 mile walk to shul. You admit to abusing your stroller. The way I see it you could spend 50,000 on a lexus and abuse it and it wont last any longer than a 20,000 toyota. its all in the use/abuse

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 12:27 am
Interesting how some people had the same experience as me (op) and others really manager to make their bugaboos last. Not sure if it's the abuse or luck or maybe different expactations. ...
Btw DH takes out the hairs and dirt from the wheels as well- otherwise it squicks even worse .

cnc

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 6:07 am
cfriedman2 wrote:
I have an almost 4 year old bugaboo donkey in great shape and while I have a car so I dont use it daily I def use it weekly for a 2.5 mile walk to shul. You admit to abusing your stroller. The way I see it you could spend 50,000 on a lexus and abuse it and it wont last any longer than a 20,000 toyota. its all in the use/abuse

I guess it all depends on how you define abuse.
And I think that's exactly the point that we are trying to make here. Bugaboo is a Lexus - a brand name..nor necessarily a stronger or better carriage than a Maclaren (Honda).

Some people claim they buy it because it is a better and stronger carriage. Seems that it is not.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 6:39 am
cfriedman2 wrote:

Define abuse. Driving either car into a brick wall will cause the same damage to both. if both cars are used the same, the Lexus should last much longer. And the Lexus is made stronger and is made to handle more abrupt driving. But all within the realm of normal.
With the price you get a more durable car.

People are using their bugaboos the same as everyone else and they are frustrated that their strollers aren't lasting any longer than anyone else's. In my opinion abusing a stroller is if you drop it down the stairs to save time and if you let the kids use it as a trampoline. Every day use is not abuse. One women uses the maintenance kit every year (that might be the answer) and other women barely use it. And there is one model from years ago that people have had great success with. But here these women load up their stroller with groceries and bounce them up the steps, (something it is supposedly created to handle) and they aren't fairing any better than strollers 1/4 of the price.

Tekky

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 7:25 am
I dont believe that Bugaboo promises years of durability. You're paying for design and functionality. ppl who spend 1k or so on a stroller shud not fool themselves by justifying the price on the amount of years they think it'll last.

sky

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 9:25 am
Lexus and Toyota cars have the same engine (although Lexus software will sometimes let you use the engine better) I.e. Camry shares the same engine as 4 lexus cars. You are really just paying for the luxury add-ons on the car itself.
(some cars have even made the switch from Toyota to Lexus brand without too many other changes other then the label).

mom24.7

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 9:29 am
And, no where do they state that it can tolerate bouncing up stairs and being loaded with groceries. You decided carriages should be able to handle that. They don't and will inevitably break if used in that way.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics