Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
What would you do if..

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 8:16 pm
Your childs rebbe tells the boys that they must come to school in boots if they dont they will have to spend reccess in the principals office. Whats if your child doesnt have boots...for whatever reason.. parents cant afford them, didnt get out to get them...dont want to get them...

tigerwife

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 8:21 pm
If they had to wear boots and I specifically did not buy boots for my son, who supposedly does not walk in the snow or get his feel wet and dirty, I would call up the rebbe and explain my very rational reason for his not owning boots.

tryinghard

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 8:21 pm
Im not clear - are you saying that your kid doesn't have boots? Or you don't like the policy because you are worried about others?

If its your kid without boots, call the rebbe and have a conversation with him.

If not, let the other parents deal with their kids.

Boots (in areas with frequent snowfall) are really important, and it is not overreach for a rebbe to feel that children's feet need to be properly protected from the elements. If you feel that strongly about it, call the rebbe and offer to buy a pair of boots for the classroom.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 8:44 pm
What find of school punishes kids for not coming with boots???

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 8:47 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
What find of school punishes kids for not coming with boots???

It's probably not a punishment, it's just that most boys schools go outside at recess time, not matter what the weather is. A boy without boots can't play outside in the snow, and the rebbe can't watch some boys outside and some boys in the classroom at the same time. It may just be an unfortunate consequence. Chances are he didn't send him to the principal's office, but just the office, so that someone is watching him.

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 8:53 pm
I tend to agree, no boots = no playing in the snow

staying in the office might not be fair - but I do not think it's a punishment ... they probably need to split up the teachers for those who stay indoors

Happy18

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 8:56 pm
Schools do this with kids who safety wearing sneakers for gym all the time. If a kid doesnt have sneakers with them they cant play during gym. It's a saftey thing, I'm pretty sure theres even legal reasons behind it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children