Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
How's the parking in flatbush right now?

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 9:35 pm
Is the snow making it impossible? I have to take my kids to an appointment several blocks from the Kings Highway train so theoretically we can do public transportation if parking will be totally not worth it. But shlepping them on the train, walking to and from the train, on the way back they'll for sure be tired and cranky even if we can get there in one piece, well if there's anywhere to park I'd really rather drive. But I know how snow can get. What's your forecast? It'll be after school but before working people get home.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 10:39 pm
it's a slippery slope ... but with all the rain won't it be a little easier tomorrow [or today as time will have it]

you could play it safe by taking train there and splurging on taxi back

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 10:47 pm
I won't take a taxi because I won't shlep car seats and won't ride without em. And a taxi from flatbush to where I live would be reeeeally expensive. Will have to splurge for supper already too.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 11:10 pm
well it's been 42°F and raining ... tomorrow expected near 40°F as well no rain - according to the weather channel

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 11:21 pm
Are you actually in flatbush and can attest to whether parking lanes are melted? Because what tends to happen once the snow starts in winter is that the plows push all the snow into huge piles around all the parking spots and those are so big that they freeze solid and don't melt until July. Or at least it feels that long until you can get into or out of a spot.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 11:34 pm
where I am I see parked cars ... I am not by the kings highway train

it is raining - it is warm - I am only giving you the info I have

solo

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 4:07 am
Parking near khwy and the train is never good. I'm assuming it'll be even worse now. So Ull probably hafta walk a bit even if u do park.
Also isn't there a municipal parking lot round that area?

chayamiriam

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 4:11 am
Horrible parking all over Brooklyn don't risk getting a ticket! Not worth it

doctorima

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 6:52 am
The snow is slowly melting, but on many blocks, one entire side is still not dug out, the side where the plows push the snow and make huge drifts. The result of this is that the already limited parking supply is effectively cut almost in half. You may get lucky and find somebody coming out of a spot, but you shouldn't count on it, especially in an area where even without snow parking can be challenging.

kiwi strawberry

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 7:06 am
Solo mentioned a good point-I think there are 2 garages right in the area, one on East 14th between Kings Highway and Ave R, and one on East 15th between Ave P and Kings Highway. Maybe try to contact them to see if they have availability? Because sometimes on bad snow days even lots are full...or maybe most spots are reserved or something. I would look into that and if that's not an option seriously consider taking the train, as draining as that can be...would be annoying if you walk out of the station and stumble on a spot right there...

kiwi strawberry

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 7:07 am
Here's the info for the one on East 14th Street:

1712 E 14th St, Brooklyn, NY 11229
propark.com
(718) 382-1401

seeker

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 11:22 am
Thank you so much for the info about the lots! Even if I don't use them today that is really good to know Smile

kiwi strawberry

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 5:34 pm
Np Smile so what'd you end up doing?

seeker

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 6:12 pm
I begged DH to drive me so he could let us off where we needed to be and then go somewhere else to park. I just didn't feel up to shlepping everyone by train in the dark and cold. It worked out OK.

kiwi strawberry

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 7:40 pm
Haha totally what I would've done too! Glad all's well that ends well.

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 27 2016, 8:17 pm
seeker wrote:
I begged DH to drive me so he could let us off where we needed to be and then go somewhere else to park. I just didn't feel up to shlepping everyone by train in the dark and cold. It worked out OK.

smart move
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries