Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Gluten free cookies or muffins anyone??????

toysrus

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 8:29 am
Looking for recipes for gluten free cookies or muffins that still taste delicious, anyone have please?

Ta

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 8:47 am
I usually use the GF flour mixes and substitute it for regular flour in my regular recipes. You need to use a little less GF flour than the recipe calls for. This works well for cakes and muffins, not as well for cookies. It also usually works better in a more tasty cake. Like a chocolate cake will be better than a plain white cake.

The only cookies I've had luck with is my regular oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, I use the GF flour mix and GF oats and they come out delicious.

toysrus

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 8:52 am
glutenless wrote:
I usually use the GF flour mixes and substitute it for regular flour in my regular recipes. You need to use a little less GF flour than the recipe calls for. This works well for cakes and muffins, not as well for cookies. It also usually works better in a more tasty cake. Like a chocolate cake will be better than a plain white cake.

The only cookies I've had luck with is my regular oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, I use the GF flour mix and GF oats and they come out delicious.

I've never seen or heard of Gluten free flour mix, can you buy it in any regular grocery?can I ask what country u live in?

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 8:56 am
I live in the U.S. I buy Glutino flour in my regular grocery store and in Walmart. I've also gotten King Arthur flour in Walmart but I don't like it as much. Orgran is another one that I like a lot. The local health food store has more options.

When my child first went gluten free, I would try out all of these different GF recipes, and each one needed a different expensive flour. Most of the time my child didn't like whatever we tried and the expensive bag of flour eventually went in the garbage.

I know a lot of people who use GF recipes and different GF types of flour, for me the best find was the GF flour mixes.

asweet

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 9:25 pm
hi ! my dd is on a gf diet and I bake a lot! basically I take any recipe and just sub with my gf mix. if you're new to gf baking its best to buy a ready made mix - it can be any company
usually the mixes will be a combo of rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch and gum.

gum is super important otherwise your recipe will not hold.(either xanthan gum or guar gum)

if you live in the us almost every grocey will have gf flour

let me know if you need more info.

SorGold

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 9:45 pm
This cake is delicious... sounds interesting but trust me!
1 cup cooked sweet potato
1 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup sugar or sweetener of choice (I even do 1/4 cup)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
(The original recipe had cocoa and was supposed to be a brownie but we love this blondie version much better)
Blend together and bake in 8x8 at 350. I never tried it as muffins but it would probably work.

I frost with a peanut butter frosting.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins