Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Pantry organizing help

israel22

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 10:49 am
I a in israel so its not a typical american pantry and I dont' have access to all the fancy stuff on amazon (unless ihave someone bring it and thats only if im desperate) its a tall to the celiing cabinet with 3 cabinets with each 3 shelves that are not deep shelves lets say 3-4 cans long looking for creative ideas that I can get here and dont' cost much!
thanks

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 10:58 am
I do space planning professionally. I'm not sure what you have now from your description — can you post a picture of the cabinet(s) open?

israel22

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 11:24 am
only if you don' t mind that its not neat embarrassed

israel22

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 11:31 am
[img]http://I.imgur.com/PiZGW8b.jpg

[/img]

water_bear88

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 11:34 am
Are you within reach of an Ikea? I always get good organizing ideas there. I don't have any specific ideas for a pantry, but I've organized (Israeli) bedrooms well, mostly with things from Ikea.

israel22

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 11:34 am

this is the top part the first pic is thebottom part

israel22

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 11:35 am
water_bear88 wrote:
Are you within reach of an Ikea? I always get good organizing ideas there. I don't have any specific ideas for a pantry, but I've organized (Israeli) bedrooms well, mostly with things from Ikea.

I could go there but I have to know what I need cuz I wud just get overwhelmed there and not know where to start been there done that Smile

israel22

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 11:40 am
its really those middle cabinet shelves that are making me nuts

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 12:07 pm
• Start labeling where things belong. Like "rotelli" or "nuts". If you have a label maker, use it. Otherwise labelled strips of paper taped on to the shelf front works.

• If you are trying to increase storage, sort items by height. If trying to be best organized, keep items together by category.

• You may be able to increase storage by moving some of it to the doors. Are there doors?

• Try storing the cookbooks vertically (that is, normally). Then get a special storage rack for the Ziploc bag boxes, parchment pager, foil, etc. on the same shelf, or use multiple vertical shelf dividers to separate them.

• Vertical shelf dividers can also divide your shelf space better for stuff in bags. Again, labelling helps.

• You can do a better job stacking the pans on the top shelf.

• I see several different brands of containers. Using rectangular/square stackable modular containers works would increase actual storage capacity better than the mix you have now.

israel22

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 12:13 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
• Start labeling where things belong. Like "rotelli" or "nuts". If you have a label maker, use it. Otherwise labelled strips of paper taped on to the shelf front works. I just got a label maker so I will try it but can't do it til its organized!

• If you are trying to increase storage, sort items by height. If trying to be best organized, keep items together by category. its a pantry not storage so im in there alot

• You may be able to increase storage by moving some of it to the doors. Are there doors?
yes there are doors thats why I have avoided it for this long!

• Try storing the cookbooks vertically (that is, normally). Then get a special storage rack for the Ziploc bag boxes, parchment pager, foil, etc. on the same shelf, or use multiple vertical shelf dividers to separate them. I would store the cookbooks properly but there is one big one that won't so it messes everything up Sad and my ziplocs and parchment paper are not even in there they are somewhere else Smile

• Vertical shelf dividers can also divide your shelf space better for stuff in bags. Again, labelling helps. what do u mean by vertical shelf divideers can u show me what u mean like a pic of one?

• You can do a better job stacking the pans on the top shelf.
I cud its just high up so it just ended up like that

• I see several different brands of containers. Using rectangular/square stackable modular containers works would increase actual storage capacity better than the mix you have now.
can u show me a pic of what ur talking about?
[b][b]

see bolded

studying_torah

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 12:16 pm
If your shelves are adjustable, they can be moved or removed to accommodate the taller boxes and books. Also, there are plastic holders for cans if you have a lot of those. There are also plastic shelves that look like steps, increases storage. Or a locker shelf is useful, things go above and below so you get double the storage in one spot.

israel22

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 12:19 pm
studying_torah wrote:
If your shelves are adjustable, they can be moved or removed to accommodate the taller boxes and books. Also, there are plastic holders for cans if you have a lot of those. There are also plastic shelves that look like steps, increases storage. Or a locker shelf is useful, things go above and below so you get double the storage in one spot.

shelves cud be moved but not sure how that wud help I don't have extra shelves just the ones u see there
I don' thave a ton of cans are you talking about the ones that look like steps? can u show me what u mean?
and locker shelf what do u mean by that?

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 12:29 pm
• If you are trying to increase storage, sort items by height. If trying to be best organized, keep items together by category. its a pantry not storage so im in there alot
Semantics, it's pantry storage.

• Try storing the cookbooks vertically (that is, normally). Then get a special storage rack for the Ziploc bag boxes, parchment pager, foil, etc. on the same shelf, or use multiple vertical shelf dividers to separate them. I would store the cookbooks properly but there is one big one that won't so it messes everything up Sad and my ziplocs and parchment paper are not even in there they are somewhere else Smile
Store the tall one separately.

• Vertical shelf dividers can also divide your shelf space better for stuff in bags. Again, labelling helps. what do u mean by vertical shelf dividers can u show me what u mean like a pic of one?
Like this:
http://smile.amazon.com/John-S.....9Q2PK
There are hundreds of vertical dividers in different heights and depths on Amazon.

can u show me a pic of what ur talking about?
[b][b]
Like Tupperware Modular Mates: http://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=.....2C150

israel22

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 12:34 pm
I have to figure out whre to buy these things in israel thanks for the ideas!

etky

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 1:34 pm
israel22 wrote:
I have to figure out whre to buy these things in israel thanks for the ideas!

Places like Big Deal and Super Stock have these type of containers for good prices.
Ikea is great too if you are near one but it's a bit more expensive (if only because it's hard to resist buying stuff when you're there....).

israel22

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 1:36 pm
yeah I know ikea is fun and overwhelming so I totally get what your saying!!!

studying_torah

Post Sun, Jan 31 2016, 1:45 pm
It will help to adjust the shelves because the tall items will fit. http://www.wayfair.com/IRIS-Lo.....3MIYw
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics