Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
1.5 YO Has Bad Breath

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 6:19 am
DD had the herpes virus in November. When the virus was active, her breath smelled horrible. Ever since, I don't think the bad breath has completely gone away. It's not nearly as smelly, but she definitely still has a bad smell to her (although, only notice if she's very close to me). She does often have a runny nose (although, the last 2 days she's been pretty dry, but still smells), thinking that might smell, but I'm not sure it's the culprit. I also haven't been good about brushing her teeth the past few weeks. She's teething.

Anyway, is this normal? Should I ask the doctor? I plan to ask the nurses at Tipat Chalav today, but I don't know how reliable they are.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 10:09 am
It's coming from her nasal drip, most likely...that's what I was told by my pediatrician. Whenever my kids have runny noses, sinus infections or strep their breath smells really bad. Brushing the teeth doesnt help much since it comes from the nasal passages and it sits on the tonsils...but it's a good idea to brush her teeth anyway.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics