Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How long till I see a difference?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 2:21 pm
My 7 mnth old was put onto meds for an ear infection. It's 24 hrs later and he's still fevering and didn't eat since last night. From my experience meds for ear infection always worked within 24 hrs. I'm not calling my dr for various reasons. Experienced mommy's, is this normal?

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 2:22 pm
Give tylenol for the fever.
I would call the dr just to make sure it is normal. My baby had repeated ear infections it sometimes takes more than 24 hours to start getting better. Each kid is different.

5*Mom

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 2:39 pm
amother wrote:
My 7 mnth old was put onto meds for an ear infection. It's 24 hrs later and he's still fevering and didn't eat since last night. From my experience meds for ear infection always worked within 24 hrs. I'm not calling my dr for various reasons. Experienced mommy's, is this normal?

It can be viral, as opposed to bacterial, in which case the abx will not be effective. Or he can have a strain of bacterial infection that is resistant to the prescribed abx. Many doctors don't rush to treat ear infections with abx but prefer to wait it out. How did your ped decide to go the abx route? How long has your dc had the ear infection symptoms? In any case, you really should speak to a doctor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics