Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Boneless Skinless chicken thighs

pingo

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 10:57 am
Whats your best recipe for skinless baked or cooked (in pot) chicken rather not breaded. Tx

Last edited by pingo on Wed, Feb 03 2016, 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 1:03 pm
pingo wrote:
Whats your best recipe for skinless baked or cooked (in pot) chicken rather not breaded. Tx

Bone in or boneless?

pingo

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 1:16 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Bone in or boneless?

Yes bone in skinless chicken thighs/bottoms

mha3484

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 1:17 pm
I like anything with a sauce. Mushroom chicken, chicken cacciatore, mustard chicken, asian style.

coconutbutter

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 1:24 pm
My favorites:

Honey mustard (I use grain Dijon mustard so good)
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/1.....asts/
http://articles.chicagotribune.....sauce
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/1.....cken/

pingo

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 1:26 pm
Maybe im doing something wrong but asside from broiling skinless bone in chicken thighs which is delicious when I bake them I find it dries out...
What about duck sauce on skinless chicken..have you been succesful with that?

coconutbutter

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 1:30 pm
pingo wrote:
Maybe im doing something wrong but asside from broiling skinless bone in chicken thighs which is delicious when I bake them I find it dries out...

I recently started pan searing and my oh yum what a difference it has made. Now I really need to get a grill pan....

pingo

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 1:34 pm
coconutbutter wrote:
I recently started pan searing and my oh yum what a difference it has made. Now I really need to get a grill pan....

And then you bake?

coconutbutter

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 1:38 pm
No, I usually cut them into smaller pieces and cook it in frying pan on med-high heat. I like a dark coating and being that I am standing over them I can see when they're done and take it off.
Here's some tips to know if it's done:
http://www.eatingwell.com/blog.....ooked

Some meat-cooking aficionados like to use the “finger test” as a reference for checking for doneness. There are a couple of ways to do it, but my favorite is as follows: to know what raw meat feels like, pinch the flesh of your hand below your thumb, while your hand is relaxed. To know what medium-rare meat feels like, touch your middle finger lightly to your thumb and pinch it. To know what medium-cooked meat feels like, touch your ring finger to your thumb. To know what well-done meat feels like, touch your pinkie and thumb together. It takes some practice to master this touch-and-feel technique. So use your thermometer as backup until you think you have the hang of the “finger test” method. (This method works best on smaller cuts of meat.)

tichellady

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 1:44 pm
I like this: http://www.skinnytaste.com/201.....l?m=1

I make it on the stove and cook for about 1 hour add don't add the water unless it gets too dry.

Or marinate in oil, soy sauce, mustard, garlic and honey and broil.

Heyaaa

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 1:54 pm
This is my best easiest chicken breast recipe. It's not my best best but it is my best the is easiest and it is delicious. Part of the reason I don't like it is because I generally cook healthier than this and I do like to to patchke so normally I don't like recipes that call for prepared sauces. This takes about three seconds to prepare and is always a winner.

Multiply by as many people are you have.

1 chicken breast
2-3 slices pastrami
2-3 Tb. Sweet and sour duck sauce

Lie the chicken breast flat and lay the pastrami on top of the chicken breast. Roll it up so that the chicken is exposed and the pastrami is inside. Place in pan and smear duck sauce over the top.
Bake at 350 for about an hour, depending on thickness of chicken breast.

Really these directions over complicated it. Please do not follow my directions to a science. Just use them as a general guide. Please do not measure the duck sauce and count out the pastrami. Just estimate. If it takes you more than 30 seconds per chicken, you've put too much work into it.

lfab

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 2:08 pm
For skinless bone in chicken I find making it in the crockpot helps keep it moist. If baking in the oven then it really needs to be made with some sort of sauce, not just spices.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 3:39 pm
pingo wrote:

You can pour a cup of sweet sauce over the thighs and bake uncovered at 375 for an hour. Seal until ready to serve.

Smile1234

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 3:42 pm
I make my chicken bottoms 95% of the time without skin.

Someone sent me the following chicken for supper after I had a baby and I asked her for the recipe. It was really good.

Crispy Tangy Glazed chicken - From Dining In

4 chicken bottoms skinned
1/2 c mayo
1 1/4 c corn flakes crumbs

1/2 c honey
1 c duck sauce
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp mustard
1/2 c sesame seeds (optional)

9x13
Coat chicken in mayo and bread with corn flake crumbs. Cover and bake 1 hr 15 min
Pour sauce over and continue baking for 1/2 hr uncovered.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey