Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
What do I do?

gesher

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 3:34 am
I bought a sheitel a year and a half ago and from the start it was knotting at the nape. For a full year I kept on sending it back to the company for them to try different treatments it shouldn't knot but nothing worked. Finally after a year of back and forth they gave me a new wig but I had to pay again for the cut (half price) by the sheitel macher I bought it from. Well, unfortunately the new wig has the same problem!!! I told the company I dont want a replacement of the new wig! Do whatever you need to do to remove the damaged hairs... To make this wig not knot!! She told me to send it in and she treated it but did not remove the hairs. Ive just received it back, had it washed and set and wore it twice and it is soooo knotty at the nape that it cant be worn!!!!!
WHAT SHOULD I DO???? I want my money back I should be able to buy a different company wig! Which they probably wont do!! What are my 'rights'? So to speak.
Please help guide me.
Thx

Rose816

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 4:23 am
I'm rather new at at sheitel wearing, but I thought knotting at the nape if the neck was completely normal! I know some people who are diligent in deep conditioning around there--but the knotting seems pretty inevitable regardless. When you have hair running against your neck even for a few hours..it will knot to some degree.

Being that you've cut and worn the wig, you can try selling it for consignment..but I wouldn't have high hopes in finding a sheitel that doesn't knot there.

Heyaaa

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 4:40 am
Rose816 wrote:
I'm rather new at at sheitel wearing, but I thought knotting at the nape if the neck was completely normal! I know some people who are diligent in deep conditioning around there--but the knotting seems pretty inevitable regardless. When you have hair running against your neck even for a few hours..it will knot to some degree.

Being that you've cut and worn the wig, you can try selling it for consignment..but I wouldn't have high hopes in finding a sheitel that doesn't knot there.

There are levels of knotting. Not every wig knots the same amount.
To op, I had the inner layers of my shaitel thinned and it gets much less knotty.

Rose816

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 4:54 am
Thank you for clarifying Heyaaa! Smile

I guess I wasn't sure how much knotting OP was experiencing and whether it was considered "normal".

cuffs

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 5:50 am
All wigs knot at the back. After I wear my wig I just brush the back hairs and it's fine.
Maybe you are having extreme knotting I don't know.

gesher

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 10:11 am
Yes- its extreme knotting where a brush cant un-knot it. Becomes more like steel wool

sourstix

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 10:13 am
[quote="Rose816"]I'm rather new at at sheitel wearing, but I thought knotting at the nape if the neck was completely normal! I know some people who are diligent in deep conditioning around there--but the knotting seems pretty inevitable regardless. When you have hair running against your neck even for a few hours..it will knot to some degree.

Being that you've cut and worn the wig, you can try selling it for consignment..but I wouldn't have high hopes in finding a sheitel that doesn't knot there.[/quote]

I think it also has to do how long it is. the longer it is the more it knots. but the description of op doesnt sound the norm. sounds much worse.

Smile1234

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 12:36 pm
If I were you I would demand my money back.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 4:01 pm
Firstly, in the winter time there is something that occurs due to wearing coats...either friction or static, I'm not sure what that causes knotting at the nape of the neck.
My sheitel macher who is also a wig manufacturer told me to test it, I should freshly wash and brush it and wear it all day in the house, if it knots up then....then it means the hairs were sewn in backwards and need to be removed and resewn in properly.

musicmom

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 4:06 pm
MIne also knots. I called my sheitel macher, and she said the hairs were not hand sewn back there, so I could put in conditioner or water spray mixed with conditioner. I still spend a lot of time brushing down there, but it has reduced tremendously with the conditioner. I am talking about curly hair, which does knot anyway. I hope this is right.

musicmom

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 4:09 pm
Also, I try and tie the hair back in a pony or braid if I don't have the time to have it knot up on me.

mommy27

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 6:21 pm
I'm just curious- how long are these sheitels that are expected to always be knotty at the nape to some extent? I have 2 sheitels, not that long (12 and 14 inches or so) that never knotted and I never realized this was an issue till I started reading about this.

othermother

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 11:49 pm
I had the knotting issue when I got my first long wig, and the sheitel macher gave me Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum, you take a little bit and work it into the knot and comb out. You can also do it before sheitel gets knotty, it helps a lot. Also try to get a brush that cuts down on static, Olivia Garden makes a wooden brush with wooden teeth. Most sheitel brushes are rubber and metal which makes the static worse . I got the brush in Flatbush at Jaime beauty supply, but have seen it at ULTA too. The problem is definitely worse in winter as thehair rubs against the sweaters and coats and tangles up. Good luck.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels