Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Baking instead of frying burgers/patties - method?

seeker

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 2:02 pm
This looks like a nice simple healthy recipe I can handle:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/3.....gers/

I'm thinking baking will be easier for me than standing over frying pans and rotating them because I don't have such a big fleishig pan.

Is there a procedure for doing this in a way that it will come out approximately as good in taste, texture, shape, whatever?

mha3484

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 2:04 pm
Do you have a broiler? I find that the best way to cook a burger other than a grill.

ecs

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 2:08 pm
seeker wrote:
This looks like a nice simple healthy recipe I can handle:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/3.....gers/

I'm thinking baking will be easier for me than standing over frying pans and rotating them because I don't have such a big fleishig pan.

Is there a procedure for doing this in a way that it will come out approximately as good in taste, texture, shape, whatever?

grease a baking sheet and bake on 350 for 25-30 minutes

myself

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 2:14 pm
Grease a tin and bake, turning halfway, until golden brown. Don't skimp on the oil, put as much as you would when shallow frying, whatever you do it'll be better (health-wise) than fried. I tried it recently with things that I generally fry and the results were great.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 2:29 pm
I just stick them in a pan and bake them. the burgers cook in their own fat, no need for added grease.

nicole81

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 4:08 pm
Ewww I would not grease a pan unless maybe if you're using extra lean ground beef.

I agree that broiling is the best way.

bubble gum

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 5:24 pm
I broil my burgers 10 min on each side and they're perfect. I use the disposable broiler pans that have the bumpy bottom so the burgers don't sit directly in the grease.

pumpernickle

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 5:24 pm
I add to the Ground chicken or meat,
sautéed onions,
Ketchup
Lite Mayo
Grated carrots and zucchini
Eggs
Crumbs
Chicken soup mix

I mix well and scoop into pan and bake.
The veggies, mayo and ketchup really adds awesome flavor and moisture. No need for oil at all.

spring13

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 6:25 pm
I broil for about 6 minutes a side. With beef you don't need to grease the pan: with turkey, I'd spray it with something. Keep a close eye on them, overdone turkey will dry quickly.

gande

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 8:42 pm
I didn't read your recipe. I put in only one egg, very little crumbs Mustard and ketchup and spice according to my mood. No need to add oil bake for abt 45min.

seeker

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 9:31 pm
I ended up starting in the oven and then switching it to the broiler. Came out a bit dry but I suspect it would have been better if I'd used the broiler in the first place. I'd never used it before so I guess I was a little shy until I saw the burgers weren't getting done the way I'd hoped and just popped them in and now I know how to use the broiler, I think.

I did spray it with oil spray because I worried the turkey would not have enough fat. I'm under the impression it's quite lean though I don't have the package anymore to check (DH bought it, divided it into smaller bags, and froze it, and that's how I found it...)

Anyway everyone ate it, which is a very good reaction. Maybe it was the fresh homemade buns. One kid took a while and wasn't so into it but the whole (kiddie size) burger went down. The other kid asked for seconds, for which I gave (kiddie size) half, which she didn't finish but hey it was already the second. DH must have had about 2 1/2 (adult size) but I was stuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey after just one (the buns were whole wheat and a little dense... did not leave enough time for the dough.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics