Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Towels

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Feb 05 2016, 10:41 am
As we prepare to move into our new home (still looks like we should make it in time for Pesach iy"H), I am working to purchase all of the items I got rid of (that were old & worn out) when we sold our old home.

I need to purchase a lot of towels -- mainly bath towels. I want excellent quality, thick, plush, soft towels that will wash and wear well. Price is not a factor.

I can buy online or in Brooklyn (I will come in to shop for bed linen within the next month).

Please recommend towel brands and types and/or best places to buy.

TIA

Fave

Post Fri, Feb 05 2016, 3:58 pm
No real suggestions, but I recommend that you go with the online options. Plush bath towels are very bulky and take up al lot of room in a suitcase (I'm assuming that you'll be flying in to NYC.)

Leahh

Post Fri, Feb 05 2016, 4:32 pm
Macy's hotel collection
Use coupons to get a better deal. Really good quality, washes well and lasts years with regular washings.

WastingTime

Post Sat, Feb 06 2016, 4:26 pm
Phew. Thought it was one of "those" towel threads. ;-)

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sat, Feb 06 2016, 6:58 pm
I bought DKNY from Bed Bath and Beyond. I am all for looking retail and buying the bulk on line. I bought DKNY for my bath and then DH located it cheaper for the rate of the bathrooms on line.

They wash well and are plush. Also, they are well priced.

Lukshen

Post Sat, Feb 06 2016, 8:48 pm
I like my Lacoste bath towels a lot.

2cents

Post Sat, Feb 06 2016, 11:57 pm
WastingTime wrote:
Phew. Thought it was one of "those" towel threads. ;-)

Only reason I opened this thread...I wanted a laugh! Tongue Out

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Feb 07 2016, 1:31 pm
I've heard nice towels are more about care then purchasing top quality ... you gotta wash them in baking soda or wihte vinegar, no soap or fabric softener.

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 07 2016, 5:07 pm
actually marshall's has a very nice selection of towels ... colourful, plush, matching variety sizes wash clothes, hand, bath, etc. decorative and the price is right as well - I also like the quality beach towels for big bath towels

that's my go to place for towels & bed sheets ...

busydev

Post Sun, Feb 07 2016, 5:34 pm
Lands end

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Feb 07 2016, 11:59 pm
I got mine in goodmans on 18th ave about 14 years ago..the towels are still in exelent condition, fluffy, unfaded .. if the store is still around..

mommy1and3

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 12:04 am
Just curious why do mine fade after a while? Is powder detergent too strong? But I want them deep cleaned?

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 21 2016, 3:52 pm
Some of you may find this interesting: Top 10 Bath Towels of 2016

Raisin

Post Sun, Feb 21 2016, 3:58 pm
I'm happy with my cheap ikea white towels. They work well, feel nice, and weren't so expensive. I got a lot of them so I never run out of clean towels. Smile

I've bought more expensive towels that I did not like.

I don't know about the US but here I need to buy a bath sheet to get something that is the right size for an adult. I'm not sure what use a bath towel size is. Maybe to wrap round wet hair? Or for a small child?

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Feb 21 2016, 4:07 pm
I got towels from kohls.com ... by mistake. For some reason a few bundles of towels came in my small order. When I tried to return them, I was told that I can't return without a receipt! It must be $200 worth of towels. We asked a shaila and we were told that we can keep them. Anyway, they seem to be excellent quality!

L K

Post Sun, Feb 21 2016, 4:24 pm
Tjmaxx or marshalls for Ralph Lauren, Tahari or one other brand that I forgot. Not dkny, maybe hilfiger?

Ralph Lauren last for years, 10 plus I'd say, the rest so far a couple of years and going strong.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics