Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
Help me control cat poo odor

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Feb 06 2016, 9:22 pm
Any tips? Is it true that wet food makes the poo smell much stronger?

MagentaYenta

Post Sat, Feb 06 2016, 9:36 pm
Cat's need wet food for their health. Cat poo stinks. Buy a good litter (I used Worlds Best) and clean your clumps of urine and feces as soon as possible. Wash and disinfect the box regularly.

sequoia

Post Sat, Feb 06 2016, 9:39 pm
I also buy World's Best cat litter.

Clean the litter box often and air out the bathroom.

Petra

Post Sat, Feb 06 2016, 9:42 pm
Not sure if that is true because I can't stand the smell of canned cat food so we don't use it. We have a litter robot and I think it is awesome. It's expensive though but you can find them used on eBay, etc.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Feb 06 2016, 9:57 pm
I use world's best litter which is great but I think.it's the wet food causing the stink?!

sequoia

Post Sat, Feb 06 2016, 10:05 pm
amother wrote:
I use world's best litter which is great but I think.it's the wet food causing the stink?!

In my experience, Fancy Feast causes the stinkiest poop. When we switched our cats to Nutro, the situation improved.

Of course every cat is different.

MagentaYenta

Post Sat, Feb 06 2016, 10:50 pm
amother wrote:

My cat ate Pure Vita salmon dry and another high end tuna cat food for wet food. His diet was grain free, no rice, no corn, no barley, no fillers. His poo had minor stink. My vet always said the cheaper the food the stinkier the poo:)

kb

Post Sat, Feb 06 2016, 11:25 pm
You can try this:

http://www.citikitty.com

<I don't have a cat.>

chani8

Post Sun, Feb 07 2016, 2:02 am
We have the stinky poo problem solved. We used litter 'crystals' mixed with the cheapest non clumping litter, together.

And we feed them high protein, lower fat, dry food. The fat makes the poop stink. Actually, we give all our cats food for sterilized cats, even if they are not sterilized, because it's low fat, high protein.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets