Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Adorable rashguards at Costco! Go!

seeker

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 3:10 am
Just wanted to share that I was in Costco today and they had adorable rashguard sets for girls (likely for boys too but I have girls so that's what I was looking at.) Nice bathing suits too.

The rashguards are shortish sleeves but they come with SKIRTS!!! and a hat. And the skirts are not even so mini - they are not going to cover knees but they're not skimpy. I buy a size or two up because in my experience they fit fine and then the kid can wear them for an extra year, just the shirt is longer the first year, big deal. I don't know how the skirts fit, but I'm hoping it's similar to my previous shorts versions - the elastic was forgiving enough yet strong enough to cover two sizes. They are UV Skinz which I think is a good brand. I have had that brand before and it went through two kids for two years each with plenty of sunscreen and held up well. They were $19 each, and I have no idea whether that is a metzia but it sounds good enough for me. Especially since it's a full suit with a hat - except I don't need hats because I bought great sun hats last year. So for me maybe less of a metzia. Size baby through 7.

I love rashguards with skirts for playing in the sprinkler parks that are on all summer. They are good for getting wet in and you still look fairly dressed. My kids are little enough to get away with that but I don't like to send them out in skimpy mini-skirts. I tried buying a larger size swim skort but it just fell off due to larger size. So I'm hoping this will be an improvement.

The bathing suits are Speedo and seem to be cut nicely. I hate low-cut and skinny-strap bathing suits. The low cut just doesn't look refined to me and the skinny straps slip around and are uncomfortable. These were the good kind. I think it was $12 each and in lots of sizes, should cover through your preteens at least.

So, summer is coming folks! Gear up!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics