Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Does true Chesed exist?
Previous  1  2

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 12:10 am
amother wrote:
Quote:
2- Avi Fishoff of "Twisted Parenting" who helps/advises parents of OTD kids, whom you can email with a question at 2:30 am and you'll often get an answer within the hour.

Who is he? What exactly does he do? I need someone like this desperately.

You can contact him by email. Avi Fishoff's email address is twistedparenting@aol.com

He deals strictly with parents whose kids are completely off the derech or in a situation of pikuach nefesh. (Drugs, dysfunction, etc...).

Hatzlacha.

sped

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 3:36 am
zaq wrote:

If you have never met such people, I suggest you find a different crowd to hang out with.

For that matter, every imamother who has given of her time and expertise to advise another imamother on anything from what forms one needs to provide when applying for a job to what brand of table napkins is softest is doing a chesed lishmah.

You said this so nicely, and it is so true!
Thank you everyone!

Ruchel

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 9:43 am
My husband has driven a child to school (along with ours, ftr) for free for a year.
The year after we paid 100 euro PER CHILD PER MONTH to a teacher in that school to drive our kids.
I’ve not received many things for free from Jews, that said, but it’s a cultural set up (gmach is new, no train meal, hosting only from rabbanim/kiruv, zero bikur cholim etc). I’ve gotten the shul for free for 1 bris and 2 namings (3 different places). I’ve given our food leftovers of wedding to charity in times it was rare. My MIL does tahoras (I could never – my husband wants but it’s far out my comfort zone for him to go) and cooks and helps the community center and the old. My parents are very chessedik and have supported various Jews and non-Jews. My FIL bought an ambulance for an African town, it was dismantled and sold. He used to host strangers but after various crazies and thieves would pay for a hotel instead!
My neighbours kept my children while I went to give birth, twice, during the night (my parents can’t drive at night), for free.
I’ve done shidduchim for free for years until the crazies spoiled it for everyone. I’ve taught BTs and gerim in my less busy youth, as did my husband.
So – I can see why the cynicism. It exists, but I can see. True entitlement and harassment leads to stop chessed.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics