Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Vacation anxiety!!?

gr8 mom

Post Sat, Feb 06 2016, 11:32 pm
Im very grateful ill b going on vacation and thankful I have someone to watch my kids but im stressing myself out about it! First I feel stupid but im nervous about going on vacation cuz im worried about coming back! Ive been looking forward to go on vacation for a while but now that its closer in the back of my mind I think b4 u know it it'll be over and ill b coming home and regular routine! Im also concerned everything shud go smoothly and I shud really enjoy the time with my husband and b in good mood! How do I calm myself down and live in the moment? Im also having anxiety about leaving my kids they r all so little! I know I shud b calm and relaxed cuz im going on vacation but im stressing myself out! Anyone understand where im coming from?!

Lukshen

Post Sat, Feb 06 2016, 11:58 pm
All this anxiety and stressing proves just how much you need that vacation. Go and enjoy yourself!

gr8 mom

Post Sun, Feb 07 2016, 12:14 am
Thanks for saying this makes me feel better! Really do need this vacation!

gr8 mom

Post Sun, Feb 07 2016, 8:57 am
Any other thoughts..?

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Feb 07 2016, 9:06 am
I do that every time we go anywhere, even if we go just for a shabbos with kids.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Feb 07 2016, 9:13 am
Maybe try visualizing some details in a calm way.
Ie what u might do each day what u might wear. What would make u feel really good... Realistic things. Maybe small things u can share with ur husband ... Like I would love to sleep in one day/ go for a nice dinner/ give and get massage.

Then remind urself that however it goes, relaxation is a frame of mind, anything that goes wrong will be a funny story to tell.

Are there specific things u worry about?

I def have this before vacations, worrying that I should feel relaxed etc

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Feb 07 2016, 9:16 am
I definitely get vacation anxiety. I hate planes, so that's where it starts. But in general, I get nervous. I'm dying to go, and then as it gets closer I start thinking I'm crazy for going. It's always great when im there, though!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 07 2016, 9:19 am
Yes, I totally understand where you're coming from.
Letting go after always being responsible for all the little people in your life (and big ones too Tongue Out) is hard. Really hard.
Sometimes after arranging everything, packing everybody up, leaving the house just so, I think to myself why am I going? Everything is perfectly set up, I should just stay home. LOL
But once I'm out of the house and on my way, the stress starts to drain away and it's all worth it. We all need to recharge every once in a while.
And many times we just can't get away, so enjoy it while you can.
I once got a Swedish massage at a spa the first night of the first day of vacation. It was the best vacation ever! It opened me up to relax and enjoy the rest of my vacation.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 2:37 pm
I push off going on vacation for this very reason...the only time I ever ended up going on vacation was when my DH did all the arrangements, including getting people to watch my kids, calling my boss and letting him know I'll be taking off etc....I am all together on the "high anxiety" spectrum so it doesn't surprise me that I feel this way. I also am very uncomfortable flying...so it adds to the stress.
But once I'm at the destination, I LOVE it and take it all in...towards the end , my anxiety comes back, worrying how the kids are "surviving" and how I'll manage on the plane ride home...but all in all I still need a vacation and eventually I get so desperate that NOTHING can hold me back.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 4:13 pm
I get you op and this is why I haven't traveling without my kids (toddler and baby) yet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics