Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Liquid Stevia?

AZmom09

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 2:00 pm
Does anyone get liquid stevia thats kosher? I bought one and its very very bitter. All the other ones that I looked for that have great reviews (not bitter..) dont have hechsher.
Any suggestions?

OOTBubby

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 2:04 pm
Is there a reason you need liquid rather than powdered? I know most of the liquids do not have a hechsher (I didn't even know there was one that did).

I used powdered Stevia in the Raw and it is very good. You must be careful not to use too much or it can taste bitter. Stevia is sweeter than sugar; I find I only need around half the amount and only if I use too much it gets bitter.

AZmom09

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 4:06 pm
I have some recipes that specifically use liquid, thats why.
If anyone knows... thanks!

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 12:11 am
Reviving this old post, hoping maybe someone can recommend a brand, if it exists.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 2:51 am
My experience is that stevia is very good for making something sweet if you use just a little bit of something else as well. That can be coconut sugar, agave, honey, maple syrup, xylitol, or even sugar.

The stevia will boost the sweetness, so you need very little of the other stuff. I don't like it plain.

I've even bought the Norman's pro yogurt with stevia but I add a drop of agave! Or I make my own with plain greek yogurt, stevia, a drop of agave, and flavoring.

But I like the SweetLeaf powdered. Although, just doing a search now, I found this rather discouraging post.

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 11:21 pm
Bump. Anyone know if it exists?

Iymnok

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:47 am
It's available in Israel, Sukarzit brand.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking