Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Removing mud stains

lfab

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 10:53 am
My daughter was wearing a pair of cream colored pants (I know I know who puts light pants on a 3 year old!) about 2 weeks ago. It was when we had all that snow on the ground and when she was walking she got some mud splatters all over her pants. I tried soaking them in a bucket with oxiclean powder and while the spots had definitely faded they were still noticeable. Then I tried making a paste with lemon juice and salt and placing in the sun (a trick I've used to remove rust stains) but there are still some spots left. Anyone have any other tricks/ideas to remove mud stains? If they were pure white I would just bleach them but it's more of an off white/cream color. Thanks

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 11:35 am
take some baking soda and make a paste - then use a little elbow grease to scrub them out

alternatively I once had a similar issue with a pair of new light beige dockers from my sonny boy ... with grass stains and mud - in the summer - what I did was after scrubbing out whatever I could, I made a solution of bleach mixed in water & soap and soaked for a bit & scrubbed a bit more & voila - the worse that could happen is the entire garment gets a little lighter this way vs mud stains which you cannot wear

do not have the pants in the sink when making the solution you don't want bleach spots - do not soak for more than an hour & certainly not overnight or you will have holes

lfab

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 11:47 am
Oooh I forgot about baking soda. I'll try that first. Thanks for the reminder. If that doesn't work is there a specific ratio of bleach to water to soap you use or just pour in any amount? Also do you use dish soap or laundry detergent? I'm a little worried using bleach that it will leave bleach stains but I guess it can't really hurt since she can't really wear the pants as is anyhow. Thanks for the tips

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 12:15 pm
not too much bleach a cap or 2 / a small pour to a sink full of water

I always have both liquid tide and powder ... at this point I would try anything but dish soap would work for oil stains not so much for dirt
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry