Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Best Beauty Tips I Know
Previous  1  2

Librarian

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 5:59 pm
Low iron/anemia can cause dark circles under and around the eyes. A daily multi vitamin with iron supplement worked wonders for me!

smss

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 8:52 pm
My sister just told me this one- instead of using either powder or liquid foundation, use both. First the liquid, then the powder. It creates a unique look that I really like, and I don't like the look of either powder or liquid on their own.

For blackheads, you can use bentonite clay. Mix with water or apple cider vinegar to form a paste, smear on in a thin layer, let dry and after about 20 minutes, use a warm washcloth to slowly lift off.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 12:34 am
amother wrote:
any ideas for black under-eyes?
and blackheads?

how ironic thet your anon color is black lol

Rappel

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 5:50 am
amother wrote:
any ideas for black under-eyes?

You're gonna hate this answer, but getting enough sleep on a regular basis is the usual cure. :/

For a quick fix, place ice cubes on the skin under your eyes for a few minutes.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 5:56 am
Rosemarie wrote:
Am waiting to hear some great tips for dry skin. My kids skin is so dry in the winter, they complain it itches them. (Most complaints are at bedtime which drives me bananas, but that's another story...) I have given them moisturizing body lotion (aveeno or play are w of the brands I've used in the past) and they dont like using it, they say it burns after they put it on, and then they wipe it off...

What can I do to make their skin not so dry?

Try apple cider vinegar.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 9:08 am
Ive tried everything mentioned above for black under eyes and nothing! maybe a good cream that helps to lighten?

amother
Black

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 9:14 am
smss wrote:
My sister just told me this one- instead of using either powder or liquid foundation, use both. First the liquid, then the powder. It creates a unique look that I really like, and I don't like the look of either powder or liquid on their own.

For blackheads, you can use bentonite clay. Mix with water or apple cider vinegar to form a paste, smear on in a thin layer, let dry and after about 20 minutes, use a warm washcloth to slowly lift off.

Does the remedy for blackheads really work? ive tried so many things, the only thing that works for me is only extracting them 2x a week, which is really annoying!

and the liquid foundation and powder u mean for undereyes?

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 10:44 am
smss wrote:

Thank you OP for opening this thread. I believe it will come useful for many including myself and thanks to all amothers for participating with their helpful tips.

@smss, where can one purchase bentonite? Do you use a specific amount for each treatment?
If yes, will you kindly share the exact recipe? TIA

smss

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 10:45 am
amother wrote:
Does the remedy for blackheads really work? ive tried so many things, the only thing that works for me is only extracting them 2x a week, which is really annoying!

and the liquid foundation and powder u mean for undereyes?

It definitely makes them smaller. Maybe it would make them disappear if I was more responsible about doing it...

I didn't mean specifically for under eyes, but you could try it!

smss

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 10:46 am
amother wrote:
Thank you OP for opening this thread. I believe it will come useful for many including myself and thanks to all amothers for participating with their helpful tips.

@smss, where can one purchase bentonite? Do you use a specific amount for each treatment?
If yes, will you kindly share the exact recipe? TIA

You can buy it on Amazon. I don't use an exact recipe. I just mix them together to a thin paste.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 10:49 am
smss wrote:
You can buy it on Amazon. I don't use an exact recipe. I just mix them toget her to a thin paste.

Oh OK, thank you Smile

morningsickness

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:49 pm
Olive oil is a great moisterizer. I also use it to treat diaper rashes.

Drinking a warm glass of water mixed with freshly sqeezed lemon juice first thing in the morning does wonerders for the skin as well as aiding digestion.

Drinking enough water every day improves skin almost immediately! Drink at lest 8 cups a day. If preganat or nursing, drink even more.

studying_torah

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 3:45 pm
Also struggle w blackheads ever since I was a kid. I use face wash with clay, toners, biore strips, exfoliating washes, get facials. Nothing helps long term.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics