Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
Feeling devstated

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 1:16 pm
Due to certain circumstances we need to start thinking of re homing our dog. I am so sad and feel so guilty. Please help me stop feeling guilty about this and like I am abandoning him. I don't want to give to much detail bec I want to remain anynomous. Thanks!

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 1:21 pm
my MIL had to do it and it was very difficult. What she did was she gave it to a shelter who told her that when they find a new owner they would let her know. They did shortly after and she met with the new owners. She said that they were wonderful people and knows that they would take real good care of her dog..that gave her a sense of calm. She still misses her dog immensely but knows that she did the right thing.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 1:59 pm
I'm really sorry you're in that position. It must be really hard for you.

If your dog is a purebreed or mixed with a purebreed, there are special rescue organizations that specialize in rehoming dogs, and will foster them for you. If you PM me your city, and the breed of your dog, I'll be happy to look up some contacts for you.

If you can't connect with them, then at the very minimum make sure that you surrender your dog to a no-kill shelter.

If you have a community Facebook group, then posting there would be the best place to start.

sequoia

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:03 pm
Where are you? Maybe we can help.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:20 pm
Thanks all for the support I am in Brooklyn NY. He is a purebred lab. He is so loving and playful.. Is still under 2 years old and is just a big puppy. He just wants to play all day. I really really don't want to put him in a shelter. The best case would be to find a loving home that can give him what he needs.

GreenEyes26

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 3:22 pm
I am so tempted!!!! But we don't have the time, space or money Sad But a lab is my husbands dream dog!

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 10:24 pm
sounds frustrating ... but don't give up on finding him a good home - there are people out there

I promised my daughter a dog when she grew up and moved out ... she's still waiting

blini

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 10:37 pm
amother wrote:
Due to certain circumstances we need to start thinking of re homing our dog. I am so sad and feel so guilty. Please help me stop feeling guilty about this and like I am abandoning him. I don't want to give to much detail bec I want to remain anynomous. Thanks!

I am so sorry for you. I would take but I live in a different country. Please don't feel guilty. Sorry to say - but I hope it gives you some comfort- dogs won't remember so young. Find a good home. Many hugs and good luck. I know it is very hard and your heart is breaking.

chani8

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 11:39 pm
amother wrote:

I'm a puppy rescuer and I've had to take dogs to the shelter when I could not find homes. It's very painful and guilt inducing, but there is relief, too, when you dont have to deal with the dog anymore.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 8:37 am
http://lab.rescueme.org/NewYork

http://www.animalleague.org/ad.....o.il/

http://www.nysrr.com/available-dogs.html

Please contact these people, and see if they have a good answer for you. Best of luck!

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 8:46 am
does the dog bite or have other health issues that could be a risk to some families ?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets