Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Is there no alternative between black and nude?

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 7:35 pm
After reading the last thread about black tights and other similar threads in the past, I get the impression that for many of us there is no alternative between nude and black tights.
Why not wear navy, chocolate brown, or even white in Summer? It's not like we are talking about pink tights with hello kitties.

cnc

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 7:37 pm
I wear navy for weekdays . But why is navy any better than black for a rose colored dress?
Usually light colored clothing match to light colored tights

MyTimeNow

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 7:39 pm
Can't wait to see the Immediate Reactions on this one!

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 7:40 pm
Hello '80s

Bring back white knee highs

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 7:43 pm
Personally I only wear opaque black or nude.

cnc

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 7:43 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Hello '80s

Bring back white knee highs

My mother always says that when she got married (80s) they wore tights to match their outfit. Light pink, pale blue etc. ..

MyTimeNow

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 7:46 pm
I wear gray, ribbed & cable design, burgundy, have a pair of muted royal blue which exactly match a pair of aerosoles booties I got last year; even have purple (which I wore with boots & a dress that only allowed maybe an inch or two of the color to show. That time Wink ).
I love color, and find my moods to be so affected by what I wear color-wise.
(JPF in brooklyn, knees well covered, saying this for context.)

bigsis144

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 7:52 pm
I have no idea how to match colored tights to my outfit. I would if I could, but I can't so I shan't. I am too scared of looking ridiculous to take fashion risks, even though in theory I'd do it.

I have one pair of goldenrod-yellow fleece-lined tights that my aunt bought me for the cold Chicago winters, and I only wear those with knee high boots, so at most an inch or so sticks out between the hem of my skirt and the top of my boots.

pause

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 7:55 pm
Kate Middleton wears mostly nude stockings, often opaque black and very rarely chocolate brown. So that says something!

Tiredmom7

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 7:55 pm
I stick with black grey and navy. Though I don't wear the navy too often as I don't know what shoes to wear with navy

sequoia

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 8:21 pm
I wear tights of every color and pattern. I adore the look of warm opaque tights with high heels. It's just so my style. My friends dress the same way. It's kind of a "young" look but you can get away with it in your thirties. Watch "Ruby Sparks" to see what I mean.

Obviously to a nice event one should wear glossy sheer pantyhose.

However, this really depends on community. I've noticed my yeshivish neighbors wear only black or beige tights. They also don't wear boots. It's a nice formal style they have. But it's not mine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics