Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Do u wear tights in the summer
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 9:30 pm
gold21 wrote:
And best part is that my feet are free to breathe properly. Its so much healthier. BH.

It's really healthier?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 9:32 pm
amother wrote:
It's really healthier?

No

gold21

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 9:45 pm
amother wrote:
It's really healthier?

I think it is, yes. I dont have scientific data to back this up. However, my feeling is that letting your feet sweat in pantyhose and shoes on a hot summer day is not the best thing for your feet. Athletes foot can be aggravated for starters. And, in general, I think its healthier to let your feet breathe.

Last edited by gold21 on Tue, Feb 09 2016, 9:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

Librarian

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 9:45 pm
Well I don't know where you live but all the hosiery stores in Monsey and Brooklyn carry Levante. 30 denier is a bit thicker than standard but it's still sheer and gives nice coverage. I chose it because I don't like very sheer for tznius reasons but it has the added benefit of not ripping as easily. Also, at my age I like that it conceals a bit too like cover-up for the legs Smile

gold21

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 9:48 pm
amother wrote:
No

Ah. Are u a medical professional then?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 9:55 pm
gold21 wrote:
Ah. Are u a medical professional then?

An avid healthnut from a family of medical professionals. Im not saying sleeping in tights is the way to go but wearing nude stockings a few hours a day is by no means unhealthy.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 9:55 pm
playgroup morah wrote:
Well I don't know where you live but all the hosiery stores in Monsey and Brooklyn carry Levante. 30 denier is a bit thicker than standard but it's still sheer and gives nice coverage. I chose it because I don't like very sheer for tznius reasons but it has the added benefit of not ripping as easily. Also, at my age I like that it conceals a bit too like cover-up for the legs Smile

I usually wear pretty sheer but it's worth a shot. How do they compare to other brands as far as comfort?

sequoia

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 9:56 pm
If long skirts were allowed in right-wing communities that would be more tznius than just sheer stockings. No? Smile

The banning of long skirts - the requirement that you MUST show your legs (but in stockings, of course!) - is a silly, illogical rule.

Librarian

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 9:58 pm
There are a few different types. I like the light control for everyday - very comfortable. For dressy I wear "body tones" it has the best control top around for sure but obviously more constricting. There is also a leg support version but I never tried that.

gold21

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 9:59 pm
amother wrote:
An avid healthnut from a family of medical professionals. Im not saying sleeping in tights is the way to go but wearing nude stockings a few hours a day is by no means unhealthy.

Right. Im health concious as well, thought I wouldnt qualify as a health nut. Medical professionals in my family as well. I didnt say that wearing pantyhose on a hot summer day is dangerous or problematic, I am approaching it from the opposite angle- letting your feet breathe is healthier. Is it not?

Last edited by gold21 on Tue, Feb 09 2016, 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

tigerwife

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 9:59 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
I always have my legs covered year-round.

If I'm wearing an ankle-length skirt, I'm fine wearing knee highs or crew-socks in the summer. But, yeah, if I'm wearing a short (I.e. just below the knee) skirt in the summer, I'll wear tights because a short skirt and knee highs look weird.

Same here.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 10:01 pm
gold21 wrote:
Right. Im health concious as well, thought I wouldnt qualify as a health nut. Medical professionals in my family as well. I didnt say that wearing pantyhose on a hot summer day is dangerous or problematic, I am approaching it from the opposite angle- letting your feet breathe is healthier. Is it not?

Based on what are you saying this? Maybe sweating them detoxes the body. I can make that claim too.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 10:04 pm
sequoia wrote:
If long skirts were allowed in right-wing communities that would be more tznius than just sheer stockings. No? Smile

The banning of long skirts - the requirement that you MUST show your legs (but in stockings, of course!) - is a silly, illogical rule.

sequoia, I am pretty right wing (moderate yeshivish in brooklyn) and I don't have that rule that you can't wear long skirts. I think that rule is only in chassidish communities and in the Israeli chareidi world. I wear long skirts all the time. But I still hold that I need to cover my feet. I usually wear black socks then.
The thing is that I feel the long skirt look is not as dressed, so when I want to look dressed (thank g-d I don't work in the summer so it's not often!) I wear a short skirt. And then I wear nude stockings. Hate them.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 10:05 pm
playgroup morah wrote:
I always wear stockings or a long skirt and socks. In the summer I wear nude 30 denier - it's no hotter than covering your elbows, knees, collar bone or hair Smile

Except you don't cover your elbows collar bone or hait with nylon

gold21

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 10:07 pm
amother wrote:
Based on what are you saying this? Maybe sweating them detoxes the body. I can make that claim too.

I hear. You can make that claim. I dont think I would write it off as quickly as u did mine though, with your abrupt "no".

In any case, I dont personally believe in sweat as a detox. And I do believe in the presence of athletes foot, which is commonly found when feet get sweaty and dont breathe properly. I also believe in the health of skin when it is allowed to breathe. Hence the popularity of companies like Geox, which claim to allow feet to breathe through tiny holes on the soles of their sneakers.

Last edited by gold21 on Tue, Feb 09 2016, 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 10:07 pm
playgroup morah wrote:
There are a few different types. I like the light control for everyday - very comfortable. For dressy I wear "body tones" it has the best control top around for sure but obviously more constricting. There is also a leg support version but I never tried that.

Thanks!

tigerwife

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 10:27 pm
amother wrote:
sequoia, I am pretty right wing (moderate yeshivish in brooklyn) and I don't have that rule that you can't wear long skirts. I think that rule is only in chassidish communities and in the Israeli chareidi world. I wear long skirts all the time. But I still hold that I need to cover my feet. I usually wear black socks then.
The thing is that I feel the long skirt look is not as dressed, so when I want to look dressed (thank g-d I don't work in the summer so it's not often!) I wear a short skirt. And then I wear nude stockings. Hate them.

I wear nude knee highs with maxi skirts and and dresses, and I feel like it does look more 'dressed up' that way. Definitely less casual than socks.

Eta it's tigerwife, not sure how this went anon!

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 10:30 pm
Forget feet/legs needing to breath. Bottoms need air

chocolatecake

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 10:33 pm
I live in brooklyn. when I am outside my legs are always covered. if I am wearing a short skirt I always wear tights. if I am wearing a long skirt I alwsys wear socks never tights. the minute I walk in the door whatever im wearing on my feet come off and my barefeet go into crocks

Amarante

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 11:46 pm
I don't know about feet but wearing tights or pantihose - especially in hot weather - is a risk factor for developing infections of the private areas as the moist environment provides an excellent Petri dish for fungus and bacteria to thrive.

Long skirts and cotton panties are the healthiest option.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics