Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Twins symptoms different? Did early Doppler miss twin?

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 9:16 am
I'm now about 10 weeks pregnant and have seen the ob already and had a vaginal ultrasound. OB saw one hearbeat, at the time didn't hear it, it was too early at 6 weeks. She actually took a look see around quickly for another because I was tellling her my nausea was last all day every day without let up since probably week number 4 or so. She still only saw one.

The nausea and tiredness is hitting me much harder than my other 4 pregnancies and nothing at all helps it let up. I just keep thinking maybe she missed another baby? (I am not showing much yet, maybe a tiny bump- but my stomach muscles were not something to be proud of from my previous babies... Confused I started off at weighing 106 and now weigh just shy of 108, so didn't gain much yet.)

Has that happened to anyone from an early ultrasound? Did you keep thinking twin when they missed one on the radar?

Also, were your pregnancy symptoms markedly worse than previous pregancies?

I am definitely not looking to fool myself into something that isn't so- especially since I don't particularly want twins anyway! I am just trying to figure out why I feel soooo lousy for soooo long already!

I will probably be having another doppler by my next visit it about two weeks, but that is a long wait! Then the regular ultrasound is usually around the 20 week mark, no?

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 10:00 am
I don't know anything about twins but maybe you're very deficient in iron? That can cause severe exhaustion!

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 10:32 am
[quote="amother"]I don't know anything about twins but maybe you're very deficient in iron? That can cause severe exhaustion![/quote]

Actuallly just had my iron checked at wic and it is very good. Thanks for the idea though!

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 10:40 am
I had that with my last pregnancy. I wasn't like that with any of my others. I think it was just part of getting older. It was my first pregnancy above the age of 30.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 11:27 am
I'm 33, so that's possible, but I did have another kid at 31 with barely any symptoms.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 12:00 pm
I have a set of twins. The Dr. saw them both instantaneously on the 1st sonogram. The embryos are tiny during the 1st few weeks and it is not like 1 may be blocking the other and they might miss one. I had horrible nausea with all of my pregnancies, aside for 1. I have others of that gender and I don't think there is any rhyme or reason why I was less nauseous during that pregnancy. One of the wonders of pregnancy. Each one is different. I wouldn't say that just because you are more nauseous now, it is because you may be having twins. Just my thoughts. Hope you feel better soon. Nausea is the pits!!

momofone613

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 12:35 pm
I have only one child so far, but when I was pregnant morning sickness started at 2 month's and lasted till abt 2 hrs before birth. Had to be hospitalized at one point bc I literally could not stop throwing up. It was all day and night, but only the one child.... it could be hormone level is just high and causing more trouble then previous pregnancies?

Teomima

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 12:36 pm
I had no nausea with my twin pregnancy, so it's not necessarily a telling sign.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 2:37 pm
If you can buy yourself a glucose meter.
Test yourself in the morning before you eat.
If you are able to eat test before and about 45 min after each meal.

Could be you have symptoms of hypoglycemia.
May not show up in the blood test you do at the doctor's office.

This was my experience at least.

tooperfect

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 2:59 pm
I also have twins and the dr was able to see them both right away on a sono at 5 or 6 weeks.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Feb 11 2016, 9:07 am
Thank you everyone for your replies! It definitely makes me feel more at ease in my mind...

lovetobemommy

Post Wed, Feb 24 2016, 7:20 pm
I had twins 14 months ago, my symptoms were a lot more worse than previous pregnancies, it was my 4th pregnancy, my first 3 are boys so I was sure that this time it's a girl since the symptoms were a lot more intense at 12 weeks I started showing which was strange for me, I never wear maternity before week 20...... I started suspecting that I have twins then at week 14 I had the first visit, the doctor saw and measured only one baby...... I went home thinking that it must be a girl and that's why I am bigger than usual, week 18 I had another visit, the first checked me and again saw only one baby she measured him and told me to schedule an anatomy sonogram before week 24 my anatomy was scheduled for week 22 I was extremely curious to put my suspicions to rest and asked the technician what is the baby's gender, to my utter shock she replied: well, both babies are boys............. Lol! So you never know........

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Mar 01 2016, 10:09 am
[quote="lovetobemommy"]I had twins 14 months ago, my symptoms were a lot more worse than previous pregnancies, it was my 4th pregnancy, my first 3 are boys so I was sure that this time it's a girl since the symptoms were a lot more intense at 12 weeks I started showing which was strange for me, I never wear maternity before week 20...... I started suspecting that I have twins then at week 14 I had the first visit, the doctor saw and measured only one baby...... I went home thinking that it must be a girl and that's why I am bigger than usual, week 18 I had another visit, the first checked me and again saw only one baby she measured him and told me to schedule an anatomy sonogram before week 24 my anatomy was scheduled for week 22 I was extremely curious to put my suspicions to rest and asked the technician what is the baby's gender, to my utter shock she replied: well, both babies are boys............. Lol! So you never know........[/quote]

Wow! That really is some shocker!!! By my next appointment I am going to ask the OB to check and recheck! ;-)

kollel wife

Post Tue, Mar 01 2016, 11:47 am
If the pregnancy farther apart from the others - that could make your body have a stronger reaction to the hormones that it's less accustomed to.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 8:10 am
Kollel wife, interesting, I wasn't aware of that. This pregnancy is a bit longer than the others, but not by much- baby and youngest will be about 27 months apart.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more