Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Until what age can I snuggle with my kids
Previous  1  2

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:08 pm
This reminds me of one of my favorite books... I love you forever by Robert Munche.
And yes we are very big snugglers in our house!!

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:16 pm
mommyla wrote:
I don't think I'd snuggle with an adult daughter either Scratching Head

I wouldn't snuggle with my mom either, but my friend does and I don't think it's so crazy

forever21

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 2:17 pm
Snuggling with older kids ? I cannot even imagine a 15 year old boy, or girl for that matter, would be interested in snuggling. Then again , my definition of snuggling could be different than someone else's .
As far as snuggling with an 8 yr old ? Why is that even an issue ? Of course u should snuggle with him !

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 11:18 pm
it's not an age related thought - it's a moment - a feeling & while some kids have moments [or years or hormones] that they prefer not to snuggle - mine have certainly come back & forth dependent on their need/mood

pretty shocked this is even a question ... snuggling with your family is one of the most endearing forms of love I know

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Feb 09 2016, 11:47 pm
amother wrote:
This reminds me of one of my favorite books... I love you forever by Robert Munche.
And yes we are very big snugglers in our house!!

What on earth does the hug I got for this post mean... ugghh I hate that button. Do you disagree with my snuggly family or hugging us cuz we snuggle. My oldest just turned 9 so within the context if this thread it is highly appropriate.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 12:10 am
My 16 year old cat/puppy/ daughter still snuggles with both of her parents. Not at bedtime, she stays up later than us! But pretty much when we see her, erm, she emerges from her teen aged cave of homework. She is super huggy and cuddly and we love that about her!

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 12:19 am
forever21 wrote:
Snuggling with older kids ? I cannot even imagine a 15 year old boy, or girl for that matter, would be interested in snuggling. Then again , my definition of snuggling could be different than someone else's .
As far as snuggling with an 8 yr old ? Why is that even an issue ? Of course u should snuggle with him !

We love our 16 yo girl snuggler. We often cuddle up on the couch or hold hands or hug and hold each other. We love it and so does she. It's not weird at all to us. We don't cuddle in bed these days, but definitely couches.

shoshanim999

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 12:21 am
To me it's super weird to snuggle with a boy past around 12. With each year older I'd consider it more and more bizarre. I'm sorry, to me snuggling means hugging while laying down. How can that not be weird snuggling with a 16 year old boy with facial hair?

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 12:30 am
shoshanim999 wrote:
To me it's super weird to snuggle with a boy past around 12. With each year older I'd consider it more and more bizarre. I'm sorry, to me snuggling means hugging while laying down. How can that not be weird snuggling with a 16 year old boy with facial hair?

it's no weirder than snuggling a cat - considering you birthed said boy Rolling Eyes

gold21

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 12:37 am
shoshanim999 wrote:

One assumes that a 16 year old boy will not want to snuggle. Therefore, it seems reasonable to go by what the child wants. If the child still enjoys snuggling, then we assume it is still healthy and appropriate for that child. How many 16 year old boys with facial hair (not all 16 yr olds have facial hair, btw) do u know that enjoy snuggling?

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 12:38 am
shoshanim999 wrote:

Affectionate physical contact with your kids doesn't have to be $exual. I don't understand it. My adult kids come over sit next to me on the couch and put their arms around me. That's snuggling. I lean into them and sometimes even nap that way.

Last edited by MagentaYenta on Wed, Feb 10 2016, 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total

doodlesmom

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 12:39 am
I would still snuggle with my father-if he were alive, and think snuggling has no age limit. My kids will be free to snuggle with me until 120.

shoshanim999

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 3:03 am
Its not about being se$ual. Certain things simply become inappropriate as a child gets older. I wouldn't pat a 17 year old boy on the tush even though its perfectly OK to do so with a 6 year old. I wouldn't let a male child see me changing. Obviously its not se$ual, simply inappropriate.

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 1:35 pm
andrea levy wrote:
My 16 year old cat/puppy/ daughter still snuggles with both of her parents. Not at bedtime, she stays up later than us! But pretty much when we see her, erm, she emerges from her teen aged cave of homework. She is super huggy and cuddly and we love that about her!

lol I didn't even realize you said cat when I made a cat reference - I just thought we can handle fur - but not our son's beard ... [then again there are a lot of anti pet people out there]

Butterfly07

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 2:50 pm
I would say it's alright until they don't want it anymore!
My mother is the lovey dovey type and was (and still is) a big snuggler.. I happen to not be a touchy person but my siblings are. My mother knows im not into it and she respects it -ya she'll come n give me a big bear hug knowing I don't enjoy it but it's only once in a while and she is my mother after all so I grin and bare it Wink
Just let your kids know that you respect their boundaries -it's also a good life lesson Smile

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 2:56 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:

You can snuggle sitting in a recliner or on the couch too....

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 2:58 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
I would still snuggle with my father-if he were alive, and think snuggling has no age limit. My kids will be free to snuggle with me until 120.

I don't see my father too often, but I snuggle with him when I see him :-)

Ruchel

Post Thu, Feb 11 2016, 11:31 am
I would and do hug. Snuggle, probably not since an adult or something? But it's not inappropriate. Those are your KIDS. There's a reason there's never a halacha to not touch.

mandksima

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 5:22 am
We are definitely a family of snugglers. To 120. I still snuggle on the couch with my father and mother when they visit and I'm over 40. My younger kids (4 and 7) love to snuggle in bed with me or on the couch. My older ones want to also but we usually shoo them away when we want a break from all of the snuggling. My almost 15 year old boy and girl both love snuggling on the couch. Not in their beds and I don't allow them in my bed anymore but the couch is always welcome. I don't exactly encourage my older ones because they are too big and gangly to really be comfortable to snuggle with but I let them give me really long hugs and sometimes snuggle on the couch if I am feeling up to all the extreme amount of physical contact.

When people start thinking there is a problem with it, then it gets weird because there is nothing s-xual about it. Either snuggling comes naturally to you and your family or it doesn't. No need to worry if you don't snuggle enough if no one wants to and no need to worry if you snuggle too much if family members still show interest.

No problem hugging or kissing your son. He should know how to express affection and be comfortable with it when it is his turn with his family.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics