Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
$21,000 Custom Kitchen cabinets in Brooklyn, 36 running ft

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 3:04 pm
Is that a normal price (from a BP dealer) for just under 36 running ft of cabinets til the ceiling, interspersed with appliances, cabinets only, not including demolition or installation, with typical extras such pullouts, but not uniquely fancy extras?

Is that price normal or outrageous?

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 3:10 pm
I'm gonna have a similar amount of cabinets top and bottom plus island and got quoted this price for stock cabinets, fabuwood, including granite and installation. Seems you're doing custom though.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 4:58 pm
amother wrote:
I'm gonna have a similar amount of cabinets top and bottom plus island and got quoted this price for stock cabinets, fabuwood, including granite and installation. Seems you're doing custom though.

Thanks for telling me. I thought Fabuwood cabinets would be much cheaper, a fraction of custom.

But Granite counters are about 4,000 and installation is about 3,000 so thats a major difference.

If I go with custom cabinets, and a granite counter, demolition, appliances, backsplash material and work, and installation, my kitchen will way surpass 30,000.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 5:53 pm
I just did my new kitchen, and I have about 33 feet, and my quote for (custom) wood painted cabinets only was 26,000.00. My quartzite was 7599.00.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 12:47 pm
Does anyone wonder what percentage is total profit, after what the dealer is paying for the cabinets and other expenses involved?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 6:03 pm
amother wrote:
Does anyone wonder what percentage is total profit, after what the dealer is paying for the cabinets and other expenses involved?

No. No one can know other than the business owner and/or his accountant. That's what codb(cost of doing business) is all about.
No one on here can you tell you the overhead of any specific business without knowing all the financials.
Even if someone tells you the cogs(cost of goods sold) and the cost of the labor, amd the taxes, etc... that still doesn't include all the other expenses a particular Business has, as the total profit varies,

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 6:35 pm
amother wrote:
No. No one can know other than the business owner and/or his accountant. That's what codb(cost of doing business) is all about.
No one on here can you tell you the overhead of any specific business without knowing all the financials.
Even if someone tells you the cogs(cost of goods sold) and the cost of the labor, amd the taxes, etc... that still doesn't include all the other expenses a particular Business has, as the total profit varies,

Im not looking for the percentage of what they charge to the penny, just an average.

spring chick

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 10:12 pm
Get a second opinion. Every cabinet seller prices their cabinets and services differently.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics