Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Stefanich Rebbe

Roita

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 10:39 am
Who was he and which city did he come from? I've been told that people daven at his kever for devilish.

Roita

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 10:40 am
That was supposed to read - daven for segulos.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 10:46 am
Every day I hear a new one and I thought I knew something
I am convinced that they just open up the atlas of Hungary and pick a name at random for themselves

chagru

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 10:51 am
I'm not 100% sure of all the details. From what I've heard he is from the Rhishan dynasty (byan, sadiger, bahush etc) im not sure if he was a son or son in law. He had a big following before the war. I'm not sure how many chasidim there are today. They are probably affiliated with some of the above mentioned chasidus.

flippingout18!

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 10:51 am
im sorry but to the above poster thats extremely rude to say and extremely offensive...even if you are joking

Last edited by flippingout18! on Sun, Feb 14 2016, 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total

chagru

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 10:55 am
What's rude about what I wrote?

imasoftov

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 10:58 am
Ștefănești in Romania

I'd also link to the article about the chassidut, Shtefanesht, but it has parenthesis in the name and that seems to break this site. Oh, this will work.

The first rebbe is still buried in Ștefănești. The second was reburied in a cemetery on the border between Tel Aviv and Givatayim.

Last edited by imasoftov on Sun, Feb 14 2016, 11:12 am; edited 2 times in total

flippingout18!

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 11:01 am
my post posted a few minutes after I sent it...I meant it to the poster above you so sorry

chagru

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 12:16 pm
It's ok! Was wondering if I was loosing the plot!

yo'ma

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 12:26 pm
Roita wrote:
Who was he and which city did he come from? I've been told that people daven at his kever for devilish.

Roita wrote:
That was supposed to read - daven for segulos.

Glad you clarified that because otherwise, this thread would be closed in a second. Wink

joy613

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 12:27 pm
Many people go daven at his kever, it is considered a segula. I can't say if it works but people did say they saw a yeshua after going. I do remember hearing that there are requirements. I'm not sure all of them but some are- only daven for one thing per visit, you have to go directly there and back it can't be like a stopover on the way to somewhere else, you leave home to go there and then return home. That's all I remember.

Roita

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 6:38 pm
Thank you to both Chagru and Imasoftov for your informative answers.
Regarding making a special trip to the kever and back is something I had heard as well, but I had never heard that one could/should only daven for one thing per visit....

Roita

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 6:40 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Every day I hear a new one and I thought I knew something
I am convinced that they just open up the atlas of Hungary and pick a name at random for themselves

Grow up.

Roita

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 6:41 pm
Hashem loves me wrote:
Many people go daven at his kever, it is considered a segula. I can't say if it works but people did say they saw a yeshua after going. I do remember hearing that there are requirements. I'm not sure all of them but some are- only daven for one thing per visit, you have to go directly there and back it can't be like a stopover on the way to somewhere else, you leave home to go there and then return home. That's all I remember.

Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics