Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Moving in 3 weeks before pesach

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 4:00 pm
We are planning to move into a new house right after purim. Ideally the house will stay pesachdik for those 3-4 weeks. But I really don't want to eat pesachdik food for that long because we will be sick of it. We have a toaster oven, electric burners and crock pot that we can use for chometz and put away. If the weathers nice we can eat outside. Any meal ideas?

esther11

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 4:04 pm
Doing the same thing! Watching this topic for ideas

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 4:48 pm
We also will be (iy"H) doing this -- into a brand new house. Since it is just me and DH, I am not too concerned about eating. Most of what we eat normally (other than breakfast) isn't chometz anyway. I just hope we really make the deadline and can get in then.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 5:31 pm
Depending on how old the children in your family are, I would probably only serve kitniyos made in the chometz crockpot and toaster oven.
Also cook Pesachdik main dishes (aren't most mains Pesachdik?) and serve alongside store bought chometz or pre-made chometz. Serve inside or outside depending on how you feel about the kids eating around.
Snacks: corn cakes, pop corn... also gebrokts bissli. Rice krispies, fruity pebbles. Yogurt, cheese, eggs.
Make meatballs in the crockpot with rice as filler. Serve over mashed potatoes. Or make barbecue meatballs and serve on a sub.
Crockpot roast chicken and rice.
Grilled chicken cutlets in baguettes with veggies and sauces. Served outside.
Hot dogs in buns with corn on the cob.
Burgers with buns and all the fixins.
Schwarma chicken in pita with everything else.
Pizza, lasagna, baked ziti from freezer and renamed in toaster oven.
Baked fish, sweet potato fries, broccoli.

Basically, I would limit cooking chometz and keeping it in the house and/or eating it in the house.

chaya35

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 7:07 pm
I did this 10 years ago. It was great having a brand new kitchen for Pesach not having to cover counters. We ate for those 2-3 weeks in the basement/playroom. I had a microwave and toaster oven. So we just had to clean one room form chometz.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics