Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Ikea reviews

2cents

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 3:02 pm
I'm looking for dressers for my kids' room.

Does anyone have experience with the malm or nordli drawers from ikea?

I tried to Google reviews but didn't find anything helpful.

Alternatively, anyone have any particular dressers they recommend? I'm looking for something relatively inexpensive (looking to spend up to $300 ish), with wide spacious drawers. I'm finding that nicer dressers from furniture stores in my area are big and bulky and don't have enough drawer space.

Thanks!

precious

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 3:12 pm
I love the malm dressers, they are so practical, wide and spacious and they roll so smoothly. My parents have had them for years, still in great condition. I got mine secondhand recently, and sometimes we have issues with drawers falling off the tracks, but I think thats our fault from when we transported and reassembled it ourselves. Like any drawers, the bottoms will separate from the back if you overstuff them.

etky

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 3:34 pm
http://www.apartmenttherapy.co.....98122

Read reviews of the Malm following the article.

BayMom

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 3:35 pm
I have the Stuva drawers for about 3 1/2 years. they are holding up very well so far BH. I am now adding on the desk and some more drawers. I find the deep drawers very spacious for pants, sweaters etc. It can hold big piles.

tigerwife

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 3:40 pm
http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalo.....9273/

I'm very happy with these.

Keep in mind that you basically build it from scratch, minus cutting the wood.

2cents

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 4:09 pm
tigerwife wrote:
http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/60239273/

I'm very happy with these.

Keep in mind that you basically build it from scratch, minus cutting the wood.

These look nice! Two questions:
Are the legs steady? It looks like it may be easily pused, but it does say it's solid wood.

And can the top two drawers be used for anything, or are they essentially for hair clips and such?

tigerwife

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 4:33 pm
They are quite steady. I've only had them a few months so I can't comment on how well they will last, but they certainly seem to be on standard with my other furniture.

I use the top drawers for storing scarves and flat hats, jewelry, etc. I actually like that they have these drawers because small objects would get lost in a deeper drawer. The second from the top is also extra deep, I use it for my taller piles of solid tees.

Raisin

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 4:38 pm
We have the malm and I'm not thrilled. But I think I built them myself, if my husband would have done it they would probably have lasted longer. Some of the drawers broke, others keep coming off the castors, etc.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 1:08 pm
I recently purchased the maim and so far I'm very happy with it...I do not have high expectations though, when you pay $99 for a chest of drawers you cant expect it to last for a very long time. So far so good and no complaints

nnmom

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 1:16 pm
I've had the malm for almost 10 years. It's great. Sturdy and big drawers. I had someone good assemble it :-)

5*Mom

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 1:26 pm
I have a Malm in my room. I give it a good enough+ in the sturdy department. The drawers run very smoothly and they are very spacious. My 13 yr old put it together and did a great job. He's very handy for a 13 yr old but not a super special pro. It won't last forever but I think it's decent value for the money.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics