Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
ISO Single Stroller That Can Convert to a Double

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Feb 14 2016, 4:25 pm
Which do you recommend?

I don't have a car. I will be using my stroller a lot to walk and to shop. I have stairs. I would prefer something that is light as a single stroller, if that is even possible.

I would prefer not to pay more than $500.00.

What do you recommend?

Tekky

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 3:40 am
A double stroller is not goingn to be as light as a single - especially not a convertible stroller...
Check out the Phil&TEds verve/vibe strollers.

out-of-towner

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 8:24 am
I have never tried a tandem stroller on stairs, but my friend who lives in Brooklyn and does not have a car was very happy with the Britax B-Ready.

Maryann

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 8:56 am
I have city select, it was 500 for double and turns you single BUT I do NOT recommend it it is the heaviest worst carriage ever dnmont

Smile1234

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 8:57 am
The uppababy vista (more expensive) and the city select.
But both are tandem and very hard if not impossible to bounce up steps with both kids in it.

sky

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 9:07 am
I had a phil & Ted for a number of years and was very happy.
But I only used it on about 4 stairs daily, not more, I could see more an issue, especially if dealing with a heavier child.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 9:21 am
Can u use a single with a buggyboard?
Cant see that working on steps though....

losingweight

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 9:56 am
I think the mountain buggy and baby jogger are the best for steps. How old will the older child be? I find my buggy board very useful. And it's $90. It's easy to use on steps

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 10:11 am
Contours options elite. It runs about 300 or so. It comes with 2 seats but you can click in only one (or just the car seat adapter for an infant).

Not sure how it will be with stairs. It's a tandem... You can fold it with seats attached but obviously much lighter folding without.

L K

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 11:37 am
sky wrote:
I had a phil & Ted for a number of years and was very happy.
But I only used it on about 4 stairs daily, not more, I could see more an issue, especially if dealing with a heavier child.

Do they have different models?

Was it ok when basket is occupied by a child? And was the child fine with sitting on the bottom?

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 11:41 am
Toddler iy"H will be 2 1/4. He walks very well already. I thought about getting a buggy board, but I know he is the type to just want to walk and when I need him to ride in the stroller for safety reasons or speed, I will be stuck. I can always let DS out of the stroller when I get to the stairs and let him walk. Please tell me if my reasoning makes sense. Pushing a single is a lot more appealing to me.

My ideal stroller would be something that I would enjoy as a single too. I think that I have pushed a City Select as a single and it felt like a truck. Even though I like the features, I don't think it's for me.

Thank you for the suggestions.

sky

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 11:48 am
L K wrote:
Do they have different models?

Was it ok when basket is occupied by a child? And was the child fine with sitting on the bottom?

I got my Phil and Ted 8 years ago and haven't needed a stroller the past 2 years so it hasn't been used, and it is on its last leg right now, not sure if will use for next child. I don't even think they make my model anymore, there are a few to choose from on their website. I did use it a solid 6 years over 4 kids and definitely got my money worth.

None of my kids had an issue with the back seat or basket - and they are really large kids (at age 2 don't fit into the Bugaboo seat). When there is a child in the back seat the basket is not as usable, there is room, but not a lot.

Mine did have a tipping issue, fold and recline wasn't so easy, and the brake was a pain. I believe they fixed most of those issues (not sure about tipping).

For my purposes it was a fantastic walking stroller, pushed like a dream even with heavy kids, and folded small when needed, and I was able to use for an infant without buying a special attachment. I also used with the carseat attachment a lot.

spring13

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 12:10 pm
I have a Phil and Teds and love it, it bumps up stairs nicely, but I wouldn't have done that with more than one kid in it (maybe if they were both very small). My kids didn't mind being in the back seat at all, they thought it was cool. The fold on my model (which is discontinued) isn't easy but it is compact, and overall the stroller is the same size as a double or single - and I can't stand bulky strollers, so this was huge to me. I got saddle bags to attach to the side for when I wanted to shop or needed to bring stuff with me to the park: the ones I got were older P&T brand from eBay, but Skiphop makes something like that now.

Their Dot model is small and relatively lightweight, plus it now has puncture-free tires. It's about $500.

artz

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 12:49 pm
there is a buggy board that comes with a seat that might be easier then having a double

Maybe

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 12:52 pm
https://www.google.com/webhp?s.....oller

Last edited by Maybe on Mon, Feb 15 2016, 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 1:20 pm
The Phil and Teds looks good. Just not sure which one. They all look pretty similar. Where is the cheapest place to buy it? In Lakewood or online.

sky

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 1:40 pm
amother wrote:
The Phil and Teds looks good. Just not sure which one. They all look pretty similar. Where is the cheapest place to buy it? In Lakewood or online.

My info is very out dated because I bought mine 8 years ago, but I think is still worth something.

I had found a great deal on line and decided to go to a frum store and try one out in Lakewood - I figured I wasn't tricking them because if I liked something better I would get it.

- I was happy I went to try it out because at first there were details I didn't like, but after comparing it to other carriages in the store I realized it really was the best option. This way I wasn't dissapointed later.
- They let me try it out outside, practice getting it in and out of my car. Putting my oldest in. Folding, reclining, etc.
- In the end they were MUCH cheaper then any price anywhere online. It was as if I got the second seat free - so of course I purchased from them.

In Lakewood I would call the stores to see who even carries and it and price ranges, and models. Be sure to ask if they have last years model or floor sample on sale (if you would want that) and go from there. Sometimes their price is cheaper then allowed so they will only give you the cheaper price once you are in the store.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics