Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
I love having guests on shabbos, but never do :(

yo'ma

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 10:31 am
Originally I was going to go anon, but than I wouldn't be able to invite anyone over. Wink

I do, my dh doesn't. He's hospitable and talkative when we do, but he'd rather not. I don't really speak the language and that's one of the reasons my dh doesn't like having people over. He does most of the talking. I'm not much of a conversationlist either, but I like having guests. I signed up for shabbat.com and asked a few times, but no responses. I invited a couple over that I met in the grocery store, but they were staying too far from where I live. This is just a vent Sad , unless you're coming here and I'd love to have you over to eat. We don't have sleeping space.

vicki

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 10:58 am
That's a very kind invitation.
Next time we're in Argentina, we'll for sure take you up on it.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 11:34 am
yo'ma wrote:
Originally I was going to go anon, but than I wouldn't be able to invite anyone over. Wink

I do, my dh doesn't. He's hospitable and talkative when we do, but he'd rather not. I don't really speak the language and that's one of the reasons my dh doesn't like having people over. He does most of the talking. I'm not much of a conversationlist either, but I like having guests. I signed up for shabbat.com and asked a few times, but no responses. I invited a couple over that I met in the grocery store, but they were staying too far from where I live. This is just a vent Sad , unless you're coming here and I'd love to have you over to eat. We don't have sleeping space.

I forgot to mention the reason why I said my dh doesn't care to have guests over because for example, this past shabbos he said that a single french guy came to shul and he's new here, but he didn't invite him.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics