Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
ISO Agency with floor time/ ABA appeoach

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 8:35 am
My son has high functioning Aspergers with overlapping ADHD and OCD. I've been trying to get the ball rolling on a treatment plan with different agencies. I'm looking for an agency that can implement both ABA and Floor time, that was recommended to me.

Any suggestions?
I'm desperate

watergirl

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 8:57 am
Location?

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 8:57 am
Brooklyn

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 12:05 pm
Bump

seeker

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 3:10 pm
I'm not positive they do floortime but call Encore Support Services and ask your questions. They are very dedicated to helping clients get what they need, maybe they can help you. 718-304-9977 I believe.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 5:52 pm
I've been trying to get through to encore for weeks! They kept telling me they'll call back but they never do 😔

They do t dound very professionsl

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 6:54 pm
What age? Step by step has therapists that to both approaches.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 7:03 pm
amother wrote:
What age? Step by step has therapists that to both approaches.

He's nine

Fabulous

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 7:06 pm
Try applied behavior ABC

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 7:26 pm
Been thru abc and encore- completely unprofessional- now with ProudMoments in Brooklyn and completely better experience. BCBA is really knowledgeable and therapists are great. Also thy have social skills groups organized and everyone responds in a timely manner. Have only positive experiences with them.

seeker

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 7:57 pm
I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience with Encore. I found them to be very responsive and helpful, which is why I recommended them. I hope each person is able to find someone who can meet their needs. I think people (in general) need to just call everywhere until you hit something. Because I also arrived at Encore after not getting what I needed from agencies that were highly recommended by others. Maybe it's a timing thing, maybe pure luck/hashgacha/whatever, but it seems kind of hit or miss.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 8:08 pm
seeker wrote:
I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience with Encore. I found them to be very responsive and helpful, which is why I recommended them. I hope each person is able to find someone who can meet their needs. I think people (in general) need to just call everywhere until you hit something. Because I also arrived at Encore after not getting what I needed from agencies that were highly recommended by others. Maybe it's a timing thing, maybe pure luck/hashgacha/whatever, but it seems kind of hit or miss.

I'm dealing with encore now and have found them to be extremely on top of things.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 8:32 pm
One more nice thing is that proud moments has social skills groups going on in Brooklyn-y son gained a lot from that

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 6:22 am
Aubergine, one of the primary things I was looking for was a good social skills group! I will definitely call proud moments, thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)