Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Pepper steak in the oven?

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 9:56 pm
Is there a way to make pepper steak in the oven? I like the fresh and easy BBQ one but when making a big amount would be easier to stick in the oven...
Preferably with veggies but ok with out

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 9:57 pm
The Bais Yaakov cookbook has an oven pepper steak recipe. It's good but it's made with duck sauce instead of the usually soy sauce.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 10:13 pm
I like the Bais Yaakov one too. If I remember correctly, it can also be put up in the crockpot with is very convenient.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 9:42 am
I don't know specifically about any bbq one, but my mother always and only ever made it in the oven. She floured and sauteed the meat on the stove first though.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 12:57 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
The Bais Yaakov cookbook has an oven pepper steak recipe. It's good but it's made with duck sauce instead of the usually soy sauce.

That sounds good. Can you post the recipe?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 1:32 pm
amother wrote:
Is there a way to make pepper steak in the oven? I like the fresh and easy BBQ one but when making a big amount would be easier to stick in the oven...
Preferably with veggies but ok with out

Reduce the water amount and put it in a tightly covered pan in the oven preheated to 325 for about 2-2.5 hours.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 3:33 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Reduce the water amount and put it in a tightly covered pan in the oven preheated to 325 for about 2-2.5 hours.

Do I need to brown it first then?
Can I add veggies?

Thanks!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 5:12 pm
amother wrote:
Do I need to brown it first then?
Can I add veggies?

Thanks!

You don't need to brown first. Steak with be more falling apart soft than usual though. Put onion slices underneath.
You can add other veggies but if you like more crisp, and not falling apart so you can't differentiate colors, add the last half hour.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen