Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
ISO Lakewood Boy Camp Recomendations for 10 year old

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Feb 18 2016, 11:57 am

My son is in 4th grade this year.

He has phased out of the younger, smaller camp that he was in and wants to attend one of the big camps (I think he is thinking about CKY right now).
Personally I think he would do much better in a smaller camp, more individualized attention, less big action.
I have no clue what is out there. I know I"m thinking about this early but a lot of his friends attended the same camp as him last year and I'd love to approach their mothers with ideas of alternatives to the big camps (if they exist) and do research into a smaller camp and who runs it.

Thanks.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Feb 18 2016, 1:09 pm
You're not early.
I was very happy with B'Lev Echad. Smaller-scale camp but still a "big camp," not too much shtick, it's not the "in camp" which I'm happy about. They still do fun trips and activities. My DS is younger so he wasn't in on as much of the action, but my older nephews go too and they love it. It was also very convenient for me but they're moving this year, unfortunately.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children