Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Me, me, me!!!

do you like to be the center of attention?
yes, love it!  
 10%  [ 20 ]
sometimes, it depends- please explain  
 30%  [ 59 ]
no, not at all  
 58%  [ 113 ]
Total Votes : 192

yo'ma

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 10:08 am
I thought I posted this once, but I couldn't find it, so I must not have.

Do you like to be the center of attention?

My answer, is no, no, no!! I don't hide in the shadows. With strangers or almost strangers I'm very quiet. With family, I'm not, but I still don't want to be the center of attention. I don't want to be ignored but not the center.

In the school my children go to, for the graduations or anytime they have something for the kids that they're on stage and they give them something like a reward, they call the parents up. I hate it!!!! And sometimes they have you say something about your child. It's all nice a beautiful, but I hate doing it. If my dh is with me, he of course does the talking, but he's not, I pass for obvious reasons Wink Rolling Eyes .

esther11

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 10:21 am
I'm a funny combo, I hate when I'm the center of attention like everyone singing me happy bday, or announcing me specifically somewhere. But I'm totally fine running an event or being a head counselor in camp etc where I'm speaking to crowds and leading

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 10:57 am
No, I'm an introvert. I like people, and I like hanging out, but I also find it absolutely mentally and physically exhausting. After socializing I need a ton of quiet time to decompress and recover.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 11:09 am
Not at all!!

We had the most ridiculous over the top wedding (not up to us) so we compensated by having only 4 weekday sheva Brochos and no vort. Too many ppl came to our lechaim so we didn't feel the need for a vort.

Bitachon101

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 11:12 am
Sometimes I love it and sometimes I hate it.
I don't like being the one that has to think of what to say when it's quiet and awkward and will end up saying something stupid where the term open mouth insert foot applies... But I love when I have stuff to share and get the attn. Also depends on how tired I am...

bigsis144

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 11:19 am
I'm definitely more introverted than extroverted.

In school, at parties, etc. I enjoy listening to other people's conversations and am very shy about breaking into an existing group dynamic.

But I like being the center of attention when I feel like I'm in control of the situation and have something to contribute -- I am a natural teacher and I love to act, dance and sing. I get a burst of stage fright before, but I power through it and find my confident groove. Get me on stage and I have no shame Wink

imasinger

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 11:37 am
If I have a role to play, a speech to give, a song to perform, I enjoy it.

But in general, I prefer quiet to crowds.

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 11:44 am
It depends.
Sing me happy birthday in a restaurant? Kids acting up or family member being silly? I'll be as far in the corner as I can.
But I love running events, being in charge, being popular etc. I loved my wedding and family weddings when everyone is watching us it kind of makes me pick myself up and act happy...once its an act it feels real.It helps me to keep going.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 12:42 pm
I absolutely love being the center of attention. I love going the the gym and talking to everyone!

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 8:00 pm
amother wrote:
I absolutely love being the center of attention. I love going the the gym and talking to everyone!

Same here! Why are we anonymous?

tigerwife

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 9:39 pm
I love performing and even public speaking, but in crowds I tend to be the listener.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 11:23 pm
I don't like to be the center of attention at all
But then sometimes I feel like a shadow and I hate that too

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Feb 18 2016, 4:57 am
I hate it! I actually cried to DH before our wedding because I was dreading everyone looking at me and being the center of attention.

fbc

Post Fri, Feb 19 2016, 7:12 am
Lol so funny. Ever since I was little I liked to be the center of attn! If my mom would be taking videos of us and she'd focus on one of my siblings, I'd jump right into her line of view! I've done a few things over the years to get attn (nothing major, no rebelling or anything like that. Kid things) that it became a family joke. I still like it Smile not on an extreme level necessarily, but I like it. And only for good things (like not if I would fall in public or something!) our vort and wedding we're both jam packed with friends and I loved it!!!

youngishbear

Post Fri, Feb 19 2016, 8:27 am
imasinger wrote:
If I have a role to play, a speech to give, a song to perform, I enjoy it.

But in general, I prefer quiet to crowds.

Me too. This combination of extroversion and introversion seems to be more common than I thought.

eschaya

Post Fri, Feb 19 2016, 9:59 am
I don't like to be the center of attention, especially if it feels undeserved. But I do very much crave recognition for things that I've earned. I definitely have a need to be acknowledged for my successes and achievements, but at the same time, I squirm if that recognition lasts too long or becomes too effusive.
lIke others above, I also don't mind being in public view in situations where I"m in control and taking charge. I kind of thrive on being a leader.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Feb 21 2016, 3:15 pm
I'm an introvert, but I love getting credit and acknowledgment in public for things I did or made, especially if I worked hard on them. I hate public speaking or performing, but I'm not shy to say my opinion in crowds I'm familiar with. I loved being a kallah too.

sandwitched

Post Sun, Feb 21 2016, 3:26 pm
I have a classmate, who we always knew as a kid who can't open her mouth. She literally wasnt able to string together two words out of embarrassment stage fright or whatever.
No we got a group text, she's the most outspoken always responds replies etc.

Interesting how hidden behind the screen ppl can be totally different.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette