Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Starting to work again

yedidya's mom

Post Tue, May 29 2007, 9:42 pm
so here's the story. I finished college right before my oldest son was born (BA in english and communications). he is now almost 2 and his sister is almost 9 months old and I've decided I'd like to maybe start working. the problem is I dont have much work experience except for a few internships here and there and I also only want to work abt 20 hours or so, some of them from home if possible. am I in a dreamworld?
my son has special needs so I really want to be around for his therapy, etc plus I dont want to leave my kids all day long.
how do I go abt looking for a job like this in the communications/journalism field. ive looked online a bit and everything I saw was looking for work experience and full time work. im in the ny area.
does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?

Nomad

Post Tue, May 29 2007, 10:13 pm
maybe you can write articles for a local jewish paper?

Twizzlers

Post Tue, May 29 2007, 11:20 pm
I know this is not enough to live off of, but Mishpacha and Binah do pay for articles submitted. dont know too many details though

cdawnr

Post Tue, May 29 2007, 11:35 pm
Just because someone states that they need experience doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

Be a little assertive (politely) and if there is a particular org oyou would want to work for, contact them directly.

yedidya's mom

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 12:15 pm
I know I need to be assertive. I just think that ppl dont want someone who will only be able to give them 20 hrs or less a week..there is a lot of freelance writing availble but I need to network more to get on their radar screen
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics