Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Paint color inquiry

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Feb 28 2016, 9:51 am
Looking for a soft grey paint color for nursery

poelmamosh

Post Sun, Feb 28 2016, 10:34 am
Edgecomb Grey (lighter) or Revere Pewter (medium color) by BM

LittleRed

Post Sun, Feb 28 2016, 10:36 am
Misty is a gorgeous ethereal gray, Sherwin Williams

SingALong

Post Sun, Feb 28 2016, 10:58 pm
I just painted my room nimbus grey from Benjamin Moore, very soft neutral grey.

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 28 2016, 11:11 pm
they usually have a fan with so many greys that nobody here could pick out for you ... pick up a few colour tiles in varied greys from your local paint store or home depot or sherwin williams ... put them up against the wall in daylight - then choose the one you like best

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Feb 29 2016, 1:20 am
Benjamin moore 1459 it has a hint of purple

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Feb 29 2016, 1:25 am
The most important thing, once you've narrowed down the possibilities, is to buy sample cans. They vary from somewhere below to slightly above $5 around here, from Sherwin Williams or Lowes.

Paint a square around 1-4 sq feet on at least one wall. Sometimes it looks different on different walls and at different times of day.

I usually ended up wanting a color in between the palest on the card (which is usually almost white) and the next color, which was too strong, so I mixed a little of each and saw it was good. Then I had the store mix the color for me - half way between the two.

Anon because e/o who knows me has heard about this...

poelmamosh

Post Mon, Feb 29 2016, 3:37 pm
amother wrote:
The most important thing, once you've narrowed down the possibilities, is to buy sample cans. They vary from somewhere below to slightly above $5 around here, from Sherwin Williams or Lowes.

Paint a square around 1-4 sq feet on at least one wall. Sometimes it looks different on different walls and at different times of day.

I usually ended up wanting a color in between the palest on the card (which is usually almost white) and the next color, which was too strong, so I mixed a little of each and saw it was good. Then I had the store mix the color for me - half way between the two.

Anon because e/o who knows me has heard about this...

Another option is to have the darker color mixed at "50%". (or 75% or whatever) It means they add some white to the base color--similar but more accurate than the method you mention.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics