Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Who is planning to make aliyah in 2016?
Previous  1  2

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 8:22 pm
We just confirmed that we are making an aliyah this coming summer yh. We will be renting an apartment in Jerusalem in the Gan hagulah neighborhood. I'm so excited yet so nervous when I think about it.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 9:37 pm
We are attempting to finalize plans. But I have a question for those moving with kids. How do you figure out schools? How do you know if you will get in before you come? I know it's based on where u plan to live, but coming in the summer - how do you know you'll be accepted before the year begins?

We want to move at the end of the school year but I think it might cut it too close to the upcoming school year.

How did those who already figured this out do it?

I am coming with little ones, my oldest will be first grade next year. But I want to begin on the right foot. Not miss part of schooling on top of all the other changes!

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 9:47 pm
I can be wrong cuz I'm basically winging it, but we went through the city, the iriyah. We did go to check out the schools (we went to ahavat yisrael) but from what I understand, unless it's the chareidi achools, you go through the city and they register you... Am I completely off? Or is that just Beit shemesh?

shooting star

Post Wed, Mar 02 2016, 9:15 am
We are planning to make aliyah in 2016.

I still have no idea where we are going to move to...we are all over the map. LOL

Originally planned on Beit Shemesh but I'm not sure if it's right for us. Considering that G-d willing we *should* be able to keep our work (we work remotely) it opens other options to us. So we are considering either North (Tzfat) or South (Beer Sheva).

We have our pilot trip scheduled in several weeks so we will know better then.

How did everyone else choose?

Family?
Community?
Affordability/housing?
Employment?

hila

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 1:42 am
If you want Beersheva or the north housing is far more affordable than in the centre of the country.
You might want to find a community that fits your needs. Most of the shuls in B7 are DL or "egalitarian". At least I dont know of any Chareidi areas in B7. A 4 room flat is under 1m shekel (about 250,000$). but try and buy something new. The old apartments in B7 often need a lot of work.
Facilities (such as pool, shops, and medical services are good) .

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 1:00 am
Hi following up on the 2016s Aliyah how is it going? How are your kids taking it.....im almost coming to join you ...im nervous yet sooo excited please share your experience...thanks

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 4:52 am
I'm already here for a bunch of years.
I just wanted to as to beware of nefesh binefesh's "help". I'm saying this as I truly know this is 100 percent true.
They sent my family up north, as per there "Go north" campaign. Coming from a small community in America we thought it would be good for us, and we were lied on many occaaions. Once we got up there we realized the 'large' English speaking group and shul did not exist. People were embarrassed to tsk English and those that knew both languages preferred to talk Hebrew unless at home.

We did research. They gave us a few numbers of people in the city. The Rav of the so called shul, he egaggerated. He had some. Little shteeble, and was not our hashkafa at all.

We moved down to bet shemesh a year later and put of the 8 families that made aliyah straight there 7 of them moved down evantually too.

I'm not saying nefesh binefesh is bad, they gave us money and were helpful in many other areas. Just please do your own research, and do it well. Find out from people you trust.....

If you don't have people you know to verify for you have a plan B. Research more than place. And find a second that sounds also good.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 4:56 am
I know someone that made aliyah to Ramat Beit Shemesh in 11th grade. She had an interview before they moved with a contact in New York or sometimes and her sister had over skype. Call the schools.... In Ramat Beit Shemesh they deal with this all the time

spoons

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 5:00 am
We are here a year now! BH we are very happy. It wasn't always easy, coming with some older kids... But I truly can't imagine being back in the States anymore.
Where will you be making Aliyah to?
In regards to nbn- I would say they are helpful in organizing all the pre Aliyah things like forms etc and helping us know where to go right when landing. I didn't use them much for community research so I can't comment on the above poster's experience.
Hatzlacha!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions