Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Organizing videos- please help

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 11:43 am
I have a bunch of video tapes from a video camera that I would like to put onto a cd, and I have no idea how to go about it. What type of place does this sort of thing? I am located in Brooklyn. Please five me names of places. I'm scared this stuff will get lost.

Also, I have videos saved on my computer, how do I get those on a cd?

Also, tons of videos on my iPad and iPhone, how so I get those on a DVD?

I am technologically very dumb. The more details the better. If I can pay someone to so it for me, even better.

Thanks!

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 11:54 am
what kind of video camera is it? if the tapes are digital, you should be able to do this yourself. the camera should come with cables to hook up to your computer. google this question with the camera model and computer model, you should find instructions.

videos on computer already: do you have a cd drive? does it record to cd? (how old is your computer?) if so, buy some blank cds and google how to transfer files to cd. it's quite simple, should take a few minutes.

videos on iphone/ipad: transfer them to computer first, then transfer to cd/dvd.

it might be worth it for you to transfer these files to a memory stick instead. cd's and dvd's get scratched pretty easily.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 12:45 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
what kind of video camera is it? if the tapes are digital, you should be able to do this yourself. the camera should come with cables to hook up to your computer. google this question with the camera model and computer model, you should find instructions.

videos on computer already: do you have a cd drive? does it record to cd? (how old is your computer?) if so, buy some blank cds and google how to transfer files to cd. it's quite simple, should take a few minutes.

videos on iphone/ipad: transfer them to computer first, then transfer to cd/dvd.

it might be worth it for you to transfer these files to a memory stick instead. cd's and dvd's get scratched pretty easily.

Like I said, I'm an idiot with these things. I'd rather just pay someone to do it. Do you of any place?

Id even pay you, lol. I just want it to get done before everything gets lost.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics