Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
How much is a diamond ring?

Maryann

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 4:53 pm
I'm new at this... Just trying to find out prices for a diamond ring , planning to buy one carat diamond tia

loveit

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 4:57 pm
Depends on so many factors, cut, clarity, color etc-there are no blanket statement re pricing other than the range for a 1 karat can be huge. Cost can be minimal if it's not a good stone, and crazy exp if it's an amazing stone. Also the setting quality, detail and metal chosen ie gold or platinum will make a significant difference as well. Certain cuts will make a one karat stone look bigger or smaller even though they are all the same weight. Round looks bigger than princess or emerald.

Google diamond buying guides so you are educated before you even set foot in a workshop or retail store, which I would avoid.

Maryann

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 5:02 pm
Thanks love it, to all the mother in law here,what is a normal price to pay for diamond ring what acceptable?

solo

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 6:46 pm
As above poster said, the price will vary greatly even for the same sz diamond. Also the price jumps dramatically when u get the the next carat weight. So a diamond that is slightly less than a carat will cost significantly less than the same quality diamond that weighs 1 carat.
A lot of factors that affect price are not noticeable to the naked eye- certainly to someone untrained. A lot of brides have their diamonds appraised for insurance or curiosity purposes. R u looking for a pretty ring or something that'll impress the bride.
U wanted a specific number,so although I don't see how this is helpful, 5 yrs ago, my friend spent 25,000 on a beautiful round vs diamond that weighed just under 2 carats

trixx

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 7:14 pm
Pricescope. Com best and most helpful forum for purchasing diamonds. Give the members there your budget and specifications and they'll be more than happy to help you get th3 most bang for your buck. Also read the pinned threads there for an education

trixx

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 7:18 pm
solo wrote:
As above poster said, the price will vary greatly even for the same sz diamond. Also the price jumps dramatically when u get the the next carat weight. So a diamond that is slightly less than a carat will cost significantly less than the same quality diamond that weighs 1 carat.
A lot of factors that affect price are not noticeable to the naked eye- certainly to someone untrained. A lot of brides have their diamonds appraised for insurance or curiosity purposes. R u looking for a pretty ring or something that'll impress the bride.
U wanted a specific number,so although I don't see how this is helpful, 5 yrs ago, my friend spent 25,000 on a beautiful round vs diamond that weighed just under 2 carats

shock

Last edited by trixx on Thu, Mar 31 2016, 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

nywife

Post Fri, Mar 04 2016, 3:35 am
Like other posters said there's a huge price range. Also depends if you get it custom made (as in buy the setting seperate from the stone) or if you buy a ring that's already but together. My diamond ring is 1 carat, bought it from Zales, and it was something like $1800.
But again, huge range. Do what works for you, your family and your wallet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains