Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
If the election was tomorrow, who would you vote for?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

I would vote for
Trump if running against Hillary.  
 18%  [ 42 ]
Trump if running against Bernie Sanders.  
 1%  [ 3 ]
Hillary  
 7%  [ 18 ]
Sanders  
 11%  [ 26 ]
Trump if running against anyone  
 23%  [ 53 ]
I won't vote.  
 14%  [ 33 ]
Either Hillary or Sanders, anyone but Trump.  
 22%  [ 51 ]
Total Votes : 226

tigerwife

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 4:42 pm
eemachana wrote:

Lol.
So this is November 2016: Whoever is disliked less is the winner. Ready, set, vote!

November

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 5:03 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Lol.
So this is November 2016: Whoever is disliked less is the winner. Ready, set, vote!

Don't forget that Trump vs Hillary is anti-establishment vs. establishment. Many many voters on both sides of the aisle are ready to throw the establishment out, and don't want to see "another Clinton," or another Bush. So IMO that should be part of the pros/cons equation. I believe it will work in Donald Trumps favor. I could be wrong, but at least at this time in the race, it seems to be working in his favor.

faigyl

Post Thu, Mar 03 2016, 5:12 pm
Definitely not Bernie Sanders and not Hillary either.
I'm paying enough taxes. I want all the programs and free handouts to be reduced. This is all happening on the backs of taxpayers.

groisamomma

Post Fri, Mar 04 2016, 12:58 am
faigyl wrote:
I'm paying enough taxes. I want all the programs and free handouts to be reduced. This is all happening on the backs of taxpayers.

"My mom is voting for Hillary because if republicans win then we'll get less money." True quote from a student who told me that Dad yells at his drug-addicted wife all the time that she should get off the couch and get a job.

I'm all for programs, when needed. I've been there and yes it was a lifesaver at the time. However, it wouldn't hurt to put a limit on the amount of time people can get food stamps, welfare, etc. With Democrats in office (someone upthread wrote "safety net") there's no reason low-income families should want to change their life circumstances. After all, the money will keep rolling in as long as there's a Democrat in office.

marina

Post Fri, Mar 04 2016, 1:20 am
faigyl wrote:

do you know how much of your taxes are going to handouts? And which particular programs you'd want reduced?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/2014-taxreceipt

marina

Post Fri, Mar 04 2016, 1:22 am
groisamomma wrote:
"My mom is voting for Hillary because if republicans win then we'll get less money." True quote from a student who told me that Dad yells at his drug-addicted wife all the time that she should get off the couch and get a job.

I'm all for programs, when needed. I've been there and yes it was a lifesaver at the time. However, it wouldn't hurt to put a limit on the amount of time people can get food stamps, welfare, etc. With Democrats in office (someone upthread wrote "safety net") there's no reason low-income families should want to change their life circumstances. After all, the money will keep rolling in as long as there's a Democrat in office.

Is it time to exchange dumb things that the other party's supporters said? Excellent. I think this is where I win.

groisamomma

Post Fri, Mar 04 2016, 1:53 am
marina wrote:
Is it time to exchange dumb things that the other party's supporters said? Excellent. I think this is where I win.

Congratulations, you win. Once again you've made it personal, marina.

anon for this

Post Fri, Mar 04 2016, 10:58 am
I've already stated my opinion on this thread, but Republican Christine Todd Whitman (former NJ governor and head of EPA under George W. Bush) said that she'd vote for Hillary over Donald. She likes Rubio but doesn't think he's ready to be president, so she'd like to see a Kasich/ Rubio ticket.

anon for this

Post Fri, Mar 04 2016, 11:03 am
Sadie wrote:
Here's the debate. Imagine either of these guys being successful in this election cycle:

Wow, that was fascinating. It's funny because earlier in the campaign at least the candidates were evoking Reagan all the time. When one interviewer asked the candidates to name their favorite living President, they declined to name a living president and chose Reagan instead.

The Republican party has changed so much.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics