Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
7 year old son with bold patches on his head

amother
Orchid

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 6:16 pm
About two weeks ago I noticed my 7 year old son had two bold patches at the back of his head. Today while looking at him I noticed on his left upper eyelid half his eyelashes were missing. I'm getting in touch with the doctors on Monday but now I am really upset, concerned and worried about him. Has anyone else experienced this with such young children who could give me some advice, etc... Thanks in advance.

momX4

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 6:20 pm
Research alopecia. Before you panic, ask your dr to do bloodwork, it may be a vitamin deficiency issue.

naomi2

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 6:22 pm
could it be alopecia?

amother
Orchid

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 6:30 pm
Read a lot about alopecia and it's really panicking me. The phycological and emotional side of it is huge. He's such a quiet good hearted little boy. Just want to cry.

amother
Bisque

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 6:50 pm
I don't know much about alopecia, but I did lose my hair due to cancer treatment as a teenager.

PLEASE get some chizzuk, speak to a therapist if you must, because your attitude more than anything else will determine how it affects your child's emotional equilibrium.

Before you panic, do the bloodwork, it could be a reversible condition in his case. But whatever you do, deal with your fear and anxiety and don't let it filter down to your son.

Hug

Hugs and I hope you share happy updates really soon.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 8:36 pm
I posted on one of the alopecia forums and everyone gave me useful tips. One of the things was to use a probiotic which definitely helped to boost the immune system.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 8:59 pm
My husband was able to heal his autoimmune disease through diet. I strongly recommend looking into AIP (autoimmune protocol-paleo, google it).

Btw, it's bald, pronounced bawled, not bold.

amother
Green

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 11:31 pm
amother wrote:
I posted on one of the alopecia forums and everyone gave me useful tips. One of the things was to use a probiotic which definitely helped to boost the immune system.

I was the one that posted about probiotics. Did it stop the hair from falling out?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children