Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Teacher with expired teaching license

mra01385

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 9:08 pm
Looking for advice on what jobs I can do during the school day related to education with an expired nys teaching certificate. (So can't do special Ed like p3) Don't really feel like taking the state tests again and then having to teach full time for 3 years. I taught pre-k for one year so have a curriculum. I was thinking of maybe making something that teachers can use in their classrooms and selling it.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 9:15 pm
Are you good with graphics? Can you make a teachers pay teachers store?

Can you tutor?

mra01385

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 9:50 pm
The only children I feel comfortable tutoring are the younger elementary kids which need tutoring right after school, and that time I need for my own young kids. This is why I need to tutor during school hours like p3 which I can't do anymore due to my expired license.

I do like making powerpoints which I was thinking of doing. Do you think it would sell and teachers would be interested in purchasing them?

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 10:37 pm
mra01385 wrote:
The only children I feel comfortable tutoring are the younger elementary kids which need tutoring right after school, and that time I need for my own young kids. This is why I need to tutor during school hours like p3 which I can't do anymore due to my expired license.

I do like making powerpoints which I was thinking of doing. Do you think it would sell and teachers would be interested in purchasing them?

When did your license expire?

mra01385

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 10:42 pm
My license just expired on Jan 31 2016. It was already from a 2yr extension. If I were to renew my license for another 5yrs by retaking state tests, I still don't know if would be able to meet the requirements of full time teaching cuz I don't want to teach full time. It's too many hours for me, especially since I have young kids at home.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 11:05 pm
I dont know anything about licensure requirements but you have to teach full time only? Theres no exceptions?
I do know that in my field, people have gotten away with lapses and did get reinstated without retaking tests.

I would look around Teachers Pay Teachers and see whats popular and see what people are buying. Then see what you can make.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 11:07 pm
It's interesting because I have been trying to find out the same thing with little luck so far.
We moved to Israel when we got married (6 years ago) and now I want to get back into teaching but I think I need to teach for at least a year before I can get licensed again.
I think teaching Judaic studies without a certificate is no problem.

mra01385

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 8:49 am
To amother I could teach part time but the hours still have to equal up to 3 yrs of full time teaching. Like if I teach 4hrs a day, I would need 2 days of 4hours to equal one full day. So it would take longer to fulfill my requirements. That's why I don't know if I can make it within another 5yrs.

Also thanks for the suggestion about teachers pay teachers.

Also to the other poster you need to teach 3yrs full time or the equivalent of 540 days In order to get professional license.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics