Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
DayCare in Lakewood
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Tue, Jul 02 2013, 2:56 pm
amother wrote:
Posted: Today at 12:32 pm Post subject: re: DayCare in Lakewood

Be careful! Even if the hours are great, do not send to a place in the Villas run by someone with initials EK. I'm not printing her name for L"H reasons but it may actually be pikuach nefesh for your child. I have a feeling the amother with the measles above was talking about this place and it is only one of the many stories to come out of there. I have been there a lot of times for different reasons (and my own kids went there for a short time) and it is a dangerous place for kids.

I sent my baby there - yrs ago and at first I was SO impressed. The main baby sitter was great. Then she left and it really was pikuach nefesh for my child. B"H I found another babysitter very fast. I guess it matters who the hired help is at that time.

New amother here....unfortunately, I also had a bad experience in this place...I got really upset bc it's advertised very differently then the way it's run.I almost cried when I picked up my baby...my baby lasted there a few hours one day and never went back...the lady "in charge" is a nice lady but I think she needs to do major revamping over there before anyone can give her good reviews.

I wish u hatzlocha op..I send my baby to a private babysitter who works "almost" 365 days a year (I work very full time and don't go by the typical Lakewood sched) but she does at times during the day have 6-8 kids...(she does have an assistant come and help her out during those hours though...)

amother

Post Tue, Jul 02 2013, 4:28 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
Posted: Today at 12:32 pm Post subject: re: DayCare in Lakewood

Be careful! Even if the hours are great, do not send to a place in the Villas run by someone with initials EK. I'm not printing her name for L"H reasons but it may actually be pikuach nefesh for your child. I have a feeling the amother with the measles above was talking about this place and it is only one of the many stories to come out of there. I have been there a lot of times for different reasons (and my own kids went there for a short time) and it is a dangerous place for kids.

I sent my baby there - yrs ago and at first I was SO impressed. The main baby sitter was great. Then she left and it really was pikuach nefesh for my child. B"H I found another babysitter very fast. I guess it matters who the hired help is at that time.

New amother here....unfortunately, I also had a bad experience in this place...I got really upset bc it's advertised very differently then the way it's run.I almost cried when I picked up my baby...my baby lasted there a few hours one day and never went back...the lady "in charge" is a nice lady but I think she needs to do major revamping over there before anyone can give her good reviews.

I wish u hatzlocha op..I send my baby to a private babysitter who works "almost" 365 days a year (I work very full time and don't go by the typical Lakewood sched) but she does at times during the day have 6-8 kids...(she does have an assistant come and help her out during those hours though...)

6-8 kids with an assistant isn't so terrible. even 10 kids with a competent assistant is fine. Ok, I guess I need to start with some phone calls... I was hoping to narrow things down...

Can I ask to call parents of children? Will they be ok with me asking if I can just stop by? If I start off by asking a lot of questions and seeming very on top of things, is that off-putting and thereby starting off on a bad foot or is it ok?

wazup

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 12:29 pm
amother wrote:

I am thinking about sending my baby there due to inconvenience but after seeing these posts im getting very nervous. I would ask her for references but she will prob give me the numbers of people who she knows are fine with her.. can any of you PM me with more information and if you know if the place is still this dysfunctional ( I see this thread is from a few years ago...)
thanks!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 3:21 pm
I sent my son to the Special Children's Center when he was around 16 months. They have an integrated daycare and we were absolutely thrilled! My son really thrived there and he came out of there a different child then from when he started.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 7:09 pm
Villas Daycare:
Go down and check it out for yourself. Ask for references and call them. When I looked into it about a year ago, I got mixed reviews from pple I called. Apparently she revamped and it's better than a few years back, but you really have to go and see if YOU are comfortable with it.
Lady who runs it was fine with me coming to see the place during hours and she gave me some references who I knew...
I never ended up going to see it for myself, I ended up sending to someone who did shorter hours near my office.

There is a place in Midtown Circle that my friend sends to and she is pretty happy. I think it's run by Miriam Jacobs.
Best of Luck

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 7:26 pm
I send my kids to The Special Children's Center integrated daycare. They are so absolutely amazing, take such good care of my kids, work closely with me so my children can have the absolute best care. I can't imagine ever sending a child to any other babysitter or daycare.

I don't think they do past 4:00.

I'm not sure if your child is a year now or will be a year in September. If your child is 18 months or above, I believe registration is closed for next year. If your child will be a y ear in September, then I think you may still be able to get in.

They are so fabulous, I can not thank them enough for taking such amazing care of my children. If the hours and location work for you, totally totally your best option.

Under 18 months, from 9-3 is $570 per month. I don't know if there are extended hours for babies but if there are, their extended hours are 8:45-4:00 and until 1:00 on Friday which is I think about $100 more.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics