Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Help with cutlets one pan meals....

studying_torah

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 2:12 pm
I tried to bake a pan of cutlets and rice together in the oven but it did not work..... the rice stayed hard, the cutlets got boiled in the liquid (mix of bbq sauce, stock and some water.) I ended up taking out the cutlets after 35 minutes and put under the broiler a few minutes to get rid of the boiled flavor, but they got dry.
How does one make it work?
Ps, I hate anything poached/boiled.

Kumphort

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 4:09 pm
Cutlets won't work with that. The one pan chicken idea is that the chicken and rice trout the same amount of time to bake so it works well. I guess u could try it with thick cutlets.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 4:31 pm
Best way is to use a sheet pan and bake the cutlets spread out, next to small cubed potatoes (not on top of) in one even layer, so that they both cook evenly and quickly, 20-25 minutes at 400.

naomi2

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 4:52 pm
Try to be creative with what What r a mom said. Add sweet potato, tater tots, any veggie to roast
Also if you make pasta ahead of time, you can sauté chicken cutlet strip remove then add frozen veggies and put both back in the pan with pasta and some soy sauce for a one pot stir fry

studying_torah

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 5:17 pm
So I guess cutlets n rice won't work?
Potatoes does make more sense.....

Blue jay

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 5:23 pm
This recipe with chicken cutlets came out real nice:

In a ziplock bag marinate sliced chicken cutlets in olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder, oregano and crushed red pepper overnight.

THe next day: Sizzle up chicken cutlets in frying pan for about 15 minutes.
Dish up with french fries and arrange chicken cutlet over a green salad with your preferred Italian dressing ( you can make your own Italian dressing with the same ingredients as the the chicken marinade just whip up a fresh batch)

Its not a one dish meal but the salad and the frozen french fries make it a quick fix

tigerwife

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 5:31 pm
I've posted this recipe at least twice on this site already Smile .

It's a one pan dinner but you can also bake rice with it as well- in a separate pan, add a 1:2 ratio of rice and boiling water, cover tightly, and bake as long as the other dish.

Oven Stir Fry:

1 red pepper sliced
1 green pepper sliced
1 onion sliced
- fresh mushrooms sliced
- oil
2 chicken cutlets
- flour
¼ cup oil
¼ cup soy sauce
½ cup brown sugar
2 cloves garlic crushed
Place a little oil on bottom of a pan. Place in oven for a few minutes. Add vegetables to pan and return to oven for a few minutes.
Cut cutlets into nuggets. Coat in flour and add to pan.
Mix rest of ingredients for the sauce. Pour over chicken and vegetables and mix well. Bake covered at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Recipe

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 07 2016, 6:06 pm
studying_torah wrote:
So I guess cutlets n rice won't work?
Potatoes does make more sense.....
It can probably work using instant white rice, boiling water, cutlets on top and baked uncovered until done. You would need to season everything very well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey